Only just come across this track, its quite a charmer, been whistling for days now so i thought it'd be fun to get it down! Hope you enjoy. Would love to hear any comments regarding eq and levels etc. Thanks.

Song in profile.
man, how has nobody commented on this. awesome cover. i think your voice is great and the guitar playing is dead on. eq and levels sound fine to me. really good quality recording.

i just recorded a cover of Don't You Want Me Baby (yes, the terrible terrible 80s song) with my friend Amie if you wanna check it out:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=934550
If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, it's a victory.
-Ardal O'Hanlon

ME \/
http://fwa.dmusic.com
No one says anything cause they listen to it and they think '**** I gotta get my own **** together.' Cause its good. Challenge yourself and try to do more with the vocal harmonies cause in the real song they're a bit more layered I think. But I'm sure you can maybe that was an artistic choice and I'm an idiot. I might listen to a few more of these and just comment about them in here.

Elanor Rigby I don't like your vocal tone on as much but no doubt you sang it well. But I don't like the reverb on the verse singing really. Did you do the strings with a computer or something?

High and Dry is good too at the end though it gets a little shaky. Some of the little melody changes you do I don't love, but I get it. BUt any criticism I've made is pretty insignificant. These are all really good.
UG 83
Last edited by mosesbrown at Aug 16, 2008,
Yeah i hated the way eleanor vocals came out, made me sound like a musical singer or something. Yeah the strings were so obviously computer generated by garageband, just got hold of logic though so i hope to improve that! Thanks for the comments.
The vocals reminded me more of that movie "Across the Universe" when Jim Sturgess sings it. Which means you did a good job. I liked it.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Great cover, every song on your profile is a song I would like to cover too, so you get my seal of approval.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
Awesome cover. Great song to cover too.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots