what is the effect that tim commerford uses in rage and audioslave.

songs like cochise and calm like a bomb have them

it seems like a phazer kind of effect
I think I know what you're talking about.

Two Dunlop Crybaby's in series. Yeah, just a wah. Two of them, next to each other, with a bit of wood over the top so he can use them both with one foot, so it gives a really intense wah.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
Quote by Haanz
I think I know what you're talking about.

Two Dunlop Crybaby's in series. Yeah, just a wah. Two of them, next to each other, with a bit of wood over the top so he can use them both with one foot, so it gives a really intense wah.

brb borrowing my friends from downstairs and trying it out
wow i actually got the sound, i ran my bass through 2 rigs , 1 distorted 1 clean , 2 dunlops, and it sounds just like calm like a bomb, thx
Cool! Timmy C is very secretive about his rig, so it's nice to hear that someone's figured it out!
lol he has more than just 2 wahs. I remember people figuring out his effects by looking at his pedal board and how they were connected to each other. Hell he's so secretive about what he has than he goes as far as putting effects on his pedal board than he doesn't even use.

Aphex Punch Factory (Audioslave)
BOSS DD-3 Digital Delay Pedal (Audioslave & RATM, heard in 'No Shelter' & 'Ashes in the Fall')
BOSS OC-3 Octave Pedal (Audioslave & RATM)
Custom ABY Amp Selector
Homemade Overdrive Pedals (Audioslave & RATM)
Jim Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah (1x with RATM & 2x with Audioslave)
Marshall Guv'nor Distortion Pedal (RATM, 1991-1998)
MXR Flanger Pedal (RATM)
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
You're not gonna get his sound unless you are him. It goes all the way down to his pickups and his playing style. The two wah's thing is part of it, but in the whole scheme of things, won't be the magic fix.
I believe he makes his own pickups, or has for some of his basses.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
I believe he makes his own pickups, or has for some of his basses.

When he was with Rage he would take out the stock pickups and re wind them by hand.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding