Hey all I have a Fender Blues Deluxe which is 40 watts, and I think it's just way too loud. At home I can barely go past like 3 on it, and with the overdrive channel, only to like 2 or 2.5. I was thinking of getting another amp, something that is a little more versatile and could do harder rock/metal type stuff decently. The BD is really just a clean, jazz or blues amp.

I was thinking of the new Fender Super Champ, which has the different preamp voicings and is a tube amp. It seems pretty versatile to me and is 15 watts which I feel is plenty loud for playing at home.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-SuperChamp-XD-120V-Guitar-Combo?sku=483075

If anyone has any other suggestions they'd be appreciated, thanks.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Never plugged into one. Go try it out, but 15 watts is also louder then what you need for home practice.

Edit since you have a few pedals already, get a valve Junior and add a good od.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Aug 13, 2008,
That amp won't be much quieter than the one you've already got as it's a tube amp, if you want versatility at low volumes then a small modelling amp like the Roland Microcube or Cube 15X might be a better way to go.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
if you want serious suggestions...

lat year i bought a Masters 30 amp.
it sounds good low and loud. hand wired, very versatile and loaded with tons of features.
it'll make you want to sell your blues deluxe.

http://www.usmasters.com/TVA30Amp.htm

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
That amp won't be much quieter than the one you've already got as it's a tube amp, if you want versatility at low volumes then a small modelling amp like the Roland Microcube or Cube 15X might be a better way to go.

+1

I bought the Mesa Express 5:25 last year, thinking that I could switch to 5w for home practice. I love the amp, but found that the 5w setting changes tone more than volume -- 5w can still get loud for home practice, especially if you like a little power amp distortion. If you need to play at more polite volumes at home, you might consider a Microcube or a pocket pod with headphones.
The superchamp isn't a good option for you. Only having 2 gain stages and the blackface tonestake make it even worse for overdriven stuff not better.

What kind of budget do you have?
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by jj1565

it sounds good low and loud. hand wired, very versatile and loaded with tons of features.

Does it come in boy colors?

Anyway, I think the Epi VJ is a serious suggestion here. If the TS wants to hold onto his Blues Deluxe for jams or gigs, he could get the Epi VJ head and plug it into that amp's speaker along with his pedals, and have a nice little home set-up.

But yeah, for a complete overhaul (and a better amp for what he plays), I'll defer to you on your Masters 30.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by jj1565

Man, wished I'd checked that out before buying a c30. It looks slick
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm going to look into an Epi Valve Junior.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by slatsmania

Anyway, I think the Epi VJ is a serious suggestion here. If the TS wants to hold onto his Blues Deluxe for jams or gigs, he could get the Epi VJ head and plug it into that amp's speaker along with his pedals, and have a nice little home set-up.

But yeah, for a complete overhaul (and a better amp for what he plays), I'll defer to you on your Masters 30.

How exactly could I hook up the VJ to my Blues Deluxe? Thanks.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by JJK
How exactly could I hook up the VJ to my Blues Deluxe? Thanks.

take a cable, and plug it into the vj's speaker out, then into the blues deluxe's input. then plug into the vj and you're set.
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
Whatever you do, DON'T DO THIS:

Quote by hotsnakes
take a cable, and plug it into the vj's speaker out, then into the blues deluxe's input. then plug into the vj and you're set.

On my Fender, you can unplug the speaker from the amp on the back. If it reaches, you can plug the wire connected to your amp's speaker directly into the 8 ohm output on the VJ head. If it doesn't reach, they sell extension cables/connectors so you can.

Just make sure you plug the speaker back into your Blues Deluxe before you use it again.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania

lol according to the website, yes, yes it does lol
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by hotsnakes

set to blow out your ouput transformers.