Page 1 of 2
i'm looking to buy a new strat..... i mostly play classic rock, 80's hair, and modern rock. my price range is about 500-600... i would really like a floyd rose, but any trem is good
500-600?

I think fender do a strat with a bridge humbucker and a Floyd rose but it might be out of your price range - whatever that is.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by vertigodown
dude 3 words, JIM ROOT TELECASTER

thats a telecaster. he was asking about strats. lol.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

lol.... does anyone know how much the one with the floyd rose is.... also how are the regular trems on a strat, i have never owned one before
Quote by chez80
lol.... does anyone know how much the one with the floyd rose is.... also how are the regular trems on a strat, i have never owned one before

they're $500. take a look at my post on top of yours.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
wtf do you want a floyd rose? my mate has one on his strat and it's nothing but trouble every time he wants to make some set up adjustments or even restring it. i have a standard fender trem system on mine, never had any problems with it.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Blompcube
thats a telecaster. he was asking about strats. lol.

it dosnt really matter i mean ive changed my mind on guitars from bc rich to jackson to axl in 5 minutes it wouldnt be to big of a jump

Quote by chez80

the regular strat trems don't have as much bend range or as good tuning stability as a floyd rose, but are nice for light vibrato. They won't really be ideal for 80s hair metal whammy-wankery, so check out the link mikeyElite posted - its a HSS strat with a floyd.

edit: the fender doesn't go out of tune in any major way although occasionally it will detune slightly (on mine its barely noticable when it does detune) if you overdo it.

Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by chez80
does this strat have a classic fender single coil sound or is it fat like a les paul??

its HSS. it has "classic fender single coils" in the neck and mid and a humbucker at the bridge.
for example.... would a standard fender trem be able to cover richie sambora
Quote by chez80
for example.... would a standard fender trem be able to cover richie sambora

he has a floyd on his guitar if im not mistaken ?
i think on a few of them.... can the standard system create the squeely harmonics too?
you can only dive on the standard trem.
Quote by mikeyElite
you can only dive on the standard trem.

Wrong...

If they are set up properly you can raise them too...

Not much range, but enough to use for a good vibrato sound...
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Quote by chez80
i think on a few of them.... can the standard system create the squeely harmonics too?

that's nothing to do with the trem, it's all down to pinch harmonics with the fingers.
- Jimi Hendrix
my vintage trem in my HSS MIM strat is set to float to I can pull up or down. May not be the range of a Floyd but a Floyd is a pain in my opinion. It's easy to set it this way, or lock it down flat.

also, I don't see the tuning, or going out of tune, to be bad at all, if anything I think it holds great tuning.
^ right on, agree with all that.
- Jimi Hendrix
so what i am looking to do, i can go with the standard trem, and i can also go with a floyd rose?
Quote by chez80
so what i am looking to do, i can go with the standard trem, and i can also go with a floyd rose?

the floyd rose would be better for wankery. i think if you upgraded your standard bridge, maybe a callahan, and got locking tuners and a rolling nut, youd be fine. thatd be i think maybe another $300 though. whoever said strats can be raised too was right, i had it set up like that for a while, blows the stability to hell though...
yes, you can raise on a standard trem, I used to before I blocked mine. I think if you bought a guitar with a standard trem, and them spent some money on locking tuners, it would be quite a bit cheaper than a quality floyd rose system, and 100x easier to set up, but would still serve you fine. Look what Hendrix did with a standard trem. Though there are cheap "liscensed' Floyd Roses, they are usually not very good, and will be more trouble than they are worth.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
is it hard to put the locking tuners on..... also the floyd rose strat is only $450....but yes, it is a hassle
Quote by chez80
is it hard to put the locking tuners on..... also the floyd rose strat is only $450....but yes, it is a hassle

no, theyre just regular tuners that you have to pop a button on. its easy...

and i know it is, but i was talking about if you want a vintage trem, thats what you should do.
Quote by chez80
i'm looking to buy a new strat..... i mostly play classic rock, 80's hair, and modern rock. my price range is about 500-600... i would really like a floyd rose, but any trem is good

Classic rock? And a Floyd Rose Hmm... somethings not right here...
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top ~ Tranparent Amber

Jay Turser JT57FTM ~ Strat. Replica **First guitar**

*If you would like an Avatar like mine(except with your favorite band) Message me and I'll make one for you *
Does that sig say Richie Sambora MIM? Serial number? Looks like a nice strat. Personally, i think the Floyd systems are a pain. My guitar stays in tune fine and it is nice to be able to change tunings quickly or tune period. I like the locking tuners idea better. If I didn't mention it, my vintage trem is 'floating' and I use the wammy bar quite a bit.

PS: carefull posting links like that or someone else may snag it
Quote by chez80
is the HSS STRAT with floyd rose twangy?

uh?

are you asking if HSS strats have a Floyd Rose. there may be 1 or 2.

if you are asking about the pic, I still can't see it. Can you save it to PC and post it from 'Manage Attachments'?

my MIM HSS has a Vintage trem which can be set up to 'float' somewhat, in otherwords, i can pitch bend up.
Quote by chez80
is the HSS STRAT with floyd rose twangy?
most fenders are twangy in a way.
the tele is much more twangy then the strat
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
but with a dimarzio in the bridge, wouldn't it give it some more bulk to its sound... because i'm looking for something a little twangy but not as much as lets say the rolling stones
What I think you need is a MIM HSS with vintage trem and then after you learn your guitar and work with your amp (which is what?) then consider a new humbucker. Yes, the stock humbuckers leave something to be desired and yes there are pups that will 'bulk' things up for you but the amp will do more for tone.

Can you play some guitars somewhere or are you buying off the inturdnet?
no local guitar stores have an american strat with a floyd so i have been limited to internet.... Also i am using a marsahll vintage modern head
Page 1 of 2