I've decided to foray into the world of rack fx, mostly becuase I already have this good rack delay lying around and thought hey, alot of other guys are using rack stuff...

I'm considering

ISP Decimator G Pro-Rack noise reducer
Alesis Stereo Rack EQ (or any others you guys may reccomend for an EQ)
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i sonic maximizer

Anything else essential to a good rack?
A power conditioner would be good
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
A power conditioner would be good

I'm probably going with a furman or a carvin for that
nope...but im not so sure about the BBE Maximizer...people seem to think (and i agree) that it kills some of the characteristics of a nice tube amp
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
I feel that everyone is judging the BBE rather harshly.

I have seen it give some KILLER low end in live situations, it sounds great. I...M....O

I really think you should probably play one first (if you haven't)

Also,

The dbx 131 EQ is AWESOME. It runs great and is built like a brick ****-house.'

The Furman PL-8 Plus is really great for a power conditioner.

The other thing i would consider is possibly a rack shelf for pedals and rack drawer for strings, picks, etc etc etc....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Rack tuner if you dont have one on the floor?

+1 to the Furman conditioner, if it's the one im thinking of then it's awesome.
Problem with rack EQs is that with so many available bands you inevitably go for a smiley face or sad face EQ, which makes at least half the bands.
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Why does everyone who's new to racks go for the BBE's?

maybe because they like the sound of them?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
No, it's cause they're n00bs. Great for DJ's, carp for instrument rigs. Simple as that.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
No, it's cause they're n00bs. Great for DJ's, carp for instrument rigs. Simple as that.

FYI i've worked in a situation pertaining to Live bands with the sonic maximizers (was a roadie at a live venue for a year) and we used those maximizers and they made the bands sound tighter, fuller- BETTER!

Thats why I'm getting one

I've always wondered about the rack pedal shelf thing, Wouldn't i need a custom switcher?
Where would I aquire one?
In my experience. They make carp amps sound better. And who needs to make a Quickrod sound better? As for a switcher, the RJM Music RG-16 is good, cheap, has lots of features and really easy to program. You'd just choose a preset on your foot controller, go over to the RG-16, press the buttons on the front for the loops/switches you want on, hit the save button and you're done. Much, much easier to use than the GCX and better quallity.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Aug 15, 2008,