Okay so here's the deal. I own an american strat, a VOX AD30VT, and a Boss ME-50 Multi-effects pedal. Now, the pedal does pretty much every effect, but obviously, there is a lack of tone.
Now, as you can probably tell from my name, I am a huge Gilmour/Floyd enthusiast and would love to further my tone. I can get a pretty good fuzz dist. sound out of the ME-50, and I was just wondering, since my birthday is coming up, what would be some good items to ask for that would really help with my tone?
It's gotta be something that my family could get for me, so nothing that's too crazy expensive. Be it an amp or pedals, what do you guys think?
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Big muff. And mabey some EMG-SAs if you really want that gilmour tone. Also, are you gigging?
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
Yes, I gig.
What amp are you guys thinking...?
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Sell
Vox
ME-50

Buy
Tube Amp (well you're going for classic rockish tone so either a Fender Hot rod Deluxe, Peavey Classic 30, or Crate Palimino, preferably any of them used go for like 350)
Delay pedal (MXR carbon copy is what I reccomend)
Chorus pedal (used Boss CE-2, Arion SHZ-1 or SHC-1, or Electroharmonix Small clone)
if you like fuzz, the little big muff, fulltone ultimate octave (has a sweet fat tone on it), the g.i. fuzz, or a maxon vintage distortion (modern day pedal) all are really tits pedals with good distrotion
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
heheheheehheh.....tits. ^
Okay thanks for the suggestions guys, lets keep 'em coming, I want to get a lot of ideas to choose from.
You're really going to want to look into a new amp though... that vox is not doing that strat justice! (nor will a fuzzbox sound good with it)
What about a Peavey Classic 30? I've really been considering that... what do you guys think?
not a fan of peavey, maybe a marshall jcm800 or an old ampeg VT series(vt-22or VT-40)research them they have the best tone (clean and dirty) ive ever played and ive played alot
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Yeah, a jcm800 would be pretty cool, but yeah, way outta my family's budget for my birthday...
Quote by Dave Gilmour
What about a Peavey Classic 30? I've really been considering that... what do you guys think?

Yes
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Laney VC30
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem