So i've decided id like a guitar my way, and considered customs done by carvin and other brands, but the problem is , I would really like a V. With that being said I would rather not make the body but order the neck and body through Warmoth or other similar sites. The main question i have is about scale lengths and such. Warmoth has scales of 25 1/2 and 24 3/4. How would i know which one to choose from? I would like Tune o Matic, String thru bridge if that matters.

Also What type of wood should i choose, I mostly play metal and was thinking about Flamed Walnut or Quilted Maple top for an awesome look. If i could get recommendations on anything here that would be great.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Most V's with a Tune o Matic have 24 3/4 scale necks. V's with a trem system have 25 1/2 scale necks.
Do you want a 22 or 24 fret neck? Make sure the neck heel fits the body's neck pocket. Measure them carefully.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Do you want a 22 or 24 fret neck? Make sure the neck heel fits the body's neck pocket. Measure them carefully.

I want a 22 fret neck
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Well, I'm gonna say one thing. Carvin neck, then warmoth body. Carvin's necks are significantly cheaper than a warmoth neck of the same specs.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
real gibsons have 24 3/4" scale length, so go with that. they also have tune-o-matic bridges and are string-through. and get a carvin neck, they are waaaayyyyy cheaper than warmoth...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by oneblackened
Well, I'm gonna say one thing. Carvin neck, then warmoth body. Carvin's necks are significantly cheaper than a warmoth neck of the same specs.

i would rather have warmoth since i plan to get custom inlays, and a finished neck, something that carvin apparently doesn't offer.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Mohagany body
Quilted Maple Top
Recessed TOM Stringthrough Bridge
Humbuckers in Bridge and Neck Position
(Soloist body if it was me)
Wizard neck with custom inlays
22 frets

Quote by Maggot3000
i would rather have warmoth since i plan to get custom inlays, and a finished neck, something that carvin apparently doesn't offer.

they do.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
they do.

Really? i cant seem to find it on the page
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
well it's limited options but it's under accessories.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden