Hey guys, just wanted some opinions,

Im getting alot of money soon, since my granney died the end of last year, recently sold her house, my mum says shell give me some money from it, dont get me wrong, i totally feel guilty getting this :/

I was really close to her and want to get something to remember her by, my bros getting a tattoo of her, im thinking of ordering a custom guitar with her name "Alexandria" in the 12th fret, my mum seems to think this is a waste of the money.

I think my graney wouldve liked it, ive played guitar many years and will never stop playing as long as i have hands and ears. im not just some bedroom wannabe guitarist with a squier strat or anything, i make my own music at the moment, id be using it all the time, i just feel like it might be wrong now, since my mum doesnt agree...

She thinks i should save it and buy a car with it or something later, i just think this would be a waste of money...a one time thing, and not something i could keep forever to remember her by...

Id like some opinions on if you think im a selfish pig for buying a guitar with this money or not.
seems like a nice thing to do, and as long as it will have a great meaning to you and won't go to waste, i think you should go for it
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I think you should honor your granny by spending it on college and making something of yourself.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Do it. that seems like the perfect thing to do. As long as it means something to you.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
12th fret?! more than that! this is your grandma we're talking about!
how about a letter in each fret?
12 downwards obviously so its not backwards.

that would be awesome, plus it'd look cool.

I'm not trying to be offensive here btw, just if its your grandma it should definitely be something awesome and eye catching!

EDIT: I like how everyone suddenly is going all glum.....
Honour your grandma>learning stuff
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

Last edited by Tezza_Larks at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by nebiru
I think you should honor your granny by spending it on college and making something of yourself.

I concur.
It seems like a good idea to me.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by nebiru

man makes a good point
but the tribute guitar would be nice i imagine, college is optimal though
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Steve The Plank
Maybe he can make something of himself as a musician.

Possibly.. but its a slim chance in this day and age.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
dude, i think u should go with the guitar with her name...maybe not on the fret, jus a picture that remembers u of her, in the body, i don't know wich tattoos u'r bothers have, but if it's a picture of some kind u could use the same design and place it on your guitar
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Convince your mom...
Go for the guitar
Get famous and make your granny hape

BTW : What a lovely name ... Alexandria... (it's her name right?)
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
i mean its a nice idea and everything... but i mean theres probably better uses out there.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Sounds good. The only question you need to ask yourself is "Are you really doing this to honour her, or are you doing it to have a nice guitar?"
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Sora 01
Im already going to college. in scotland we get our courses payed for us man

thanks for all your support, if i do this, ug will be the first place i post pics

Honestly, I'd do it if I was getting a load of money from her. I'd probably have it put like, on the back or something though.

Make sure it's a really ****ing awesome guitar though, if you're going custom. Like a PRS or a Martyn Booth or something
Write a song for her, ok shes gone but her 'spirit' will hear it.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
Convince your mom...
Go for the guitar
Get famous and make your granny hape

BTW : What a lovely name ... Alexandria... (it's her name right?)

Yeah

Quote by xHuffyx
Sounds good. The only question you need to ask yourself is "Are you really doing this to honour her, or are you doing it to have a nice guitar?"

thats what im conflicting on, haha, probably more to honour her, ive already got lovley guitars...ill probably have to chip in some of my own money too though. if that justifys it a bit.

Quote by Steve The Plank
Honestly, I'd do it if I was getting a load of money from her. I'd probably have it put like, on the back or something though.

Make sure it's a really ****ing awesome guitar though, if you're going custom. Like a PRS or a Martyn Booth or something

Nah im thinking of a custom RAN, i probably wont have enough for a custom prs haha i wish! Ran guitars are so sweet though, i can get it exactly to my specs,.

going to have it with white and with like black bleeding into it round the sides, if that makes sense? like see through white, i know its going to be a super strat body, not sure exactly what like yet though, and maybe like a blackmachine head or a reverse Edwards head.
Last edited by Sora 01 at Aug 13, 2008,
Why not just buy an amusement park?

Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
your mom confuses me. how is a car gonna last you longer than a guitar?

your brothers tattoo is a cool idea. but i guess you cant do that. maybe something your granney would have loved to see? like put it towards college, if youre that age.

i dont think you need to be feeling guilty. if your granney were alive and you two were as close as you say you were, she would want you to be happy.
Quote by nebiru

College is free in scotland so GIRFUY.
Do it, your mother would be able to fund college/university if she has the rest of the money.
As said before, do it on each fret, AND subtely somewhere on the body
Quote by Monolith295
Give her a viking funeral.

I'm gonna go ahead and say I guess shes already been buried/cremated.
RULE BRITANNIA
dude i would so do the custom guitar thing...That way everytime you play your guitar, it will be like your grandma is right there with you...
how bout having all the inlays as the letters of your grandma's name?

so like A could be the 3rd fret and etc...

dont know if it'll fit or not tho
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Yeah thought about that, but i think it would look a bit cheesy, i think her name on the 12th fret will look alot better, i got lots of time to think it through, not sure if id get it 7 strings or not, since im kinda liking 7's at the moment :P