Are they any good, and are they much better than MGs? If so what would the price difference be between an MG15 and a Valvestate 15W?
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Are they good? No. Also they aren't english made...

Forthe price you can get better. Max budget? Music styles? Current gear?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Well I've played through many MG models, and I do not like them at all. I was in a studio last year, and the owner had a valvestate half stack, and I thought it sounded pretty good.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Yeah I'm talking about old Valvestates that are English-made.

Quote by breakstuff
Yeah I'm talking about old Valvestates that are English-made.

Old ValveStates weren't English made
Quote by Gabel
^They never been...

Also isn't your avatar from The Abyss?

No idea, it was a random picture I found on the net a while ago, and liked it.
Yea the old 80/40, 40/40, 40/20 or whatever they were called were actually pretty decent for what they were.
It says manufactured in England.

my valvestate is honestly as good as my dsl401. MGs are night and day with valvestates.
Quote by Gabel

my avt was. still no good, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Are they?

Well anyway, must have mixed it up then. However I find them to be rather unimpressive. The first series had a pretty good clean tone, the distortion was kind of weak though. The second ones are very bland sounding though.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
yeah, it said "made in england" on it, anyway. i haven't tried the earlier ones which are meant to be nicer than the avts, but the avts certainly aren't all that great. being made in england counts for nothing if they sound like crap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, it said "made in england" on it, anyway. i haven't tried the earlier ones which are meant to be nicer than the avts, but the avts certainly aren't all that great. being made in england counts for nothing if they sound like crap.

Imagine if they were made in ireland
yeah, they'd kick ass.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've owned a VS100 and know a guy that gigs with them. There decent amps more of a practice amp though. It can nail Marshall tone but will still sound SS. So if your want a practice amp that gets decently close to a marshall that is the way to go as long as you can get it cheap.
Quote by Gabel

Forthe price you can get better. Max budget? Music styles? Current gear?

yea they are. IDK about the newer ones but the old Marshall Valvestate model 8100 i had was made in england. also...OP...listen to Chuck Schuldiner...that will IMMEDIATELY obliterate any single doubt you have in your mind (used a valvestate 8100)