Click here
A lot of people have reccomended Yamaha Pacifica's as first guitars, so I found this pack, and I'm thinking about buying it. Its in my price budget and comes with most I need to start with. What do you guys think? (bearing in mind I don't need something crazy as a first guitar.)
Last edited by NKF176 at Aug 13, 2008,
thats like 260 in american right? It's decent but im sure if you look around at used shops you could find something better.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

you might want to buy a good second hand amp instead of the yamaha amp. and yeah you heard right, the guitar is great for a beginner. as for lessons, i'd say dump the book and CD, and stick to UG, or get a real teacher. there's plenty of good (and not to mention, free) material here.
Tickle me.
TBH, I don't reckon it's worth buying a starter pack, because you invariably have to replace everything apart from the guitar within a year. Especially since the pack doesn't come with a tuner or stand.

You'd be better off buying the components separately, because you'll be able to get a better amp, lead and everything else.
I bought a pack and it isn't really that much cheaper then buying stuff individually. It will be good though, yamaha guitars are decent . I doubt you'll get a decent pack much cheaper. I'd go for it.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

You'd be better off buying the components separately, because you'll be able to get a better amp, lead and everything else.

it's things like this i wish i'd know before getting a starter pack

sure it was good to get started, but i got a new amp after like 2 months, and gradually replaced everything
Quote by Aidy Damage
Pacifica 112V + Roland Cube 15 = You're set.

Out of my price range, although i'll look around for the seperate components...
Quote by Aidy Damage
Pacifica 112V + Roland Cube 15 = You're set.

The microcube is better and smaller than the 15 watt one.
yeah just check all your local pawn shops, stores and stuff for guitars, if you play one you like ask them to hold it and come home and check it out on the internet and stuff.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

The only problem with buying used is that if you're new, you don't actually know what the hell you're looking at. I'd suggest avoiding used unless you have a friend who knows guitars well enough to help you determine whether what you're looking at is appropriate and in good shape. Deciding whether something is in good shape seems like it would be easy, but if you don't know what to look for, you may never know the difference.

I know that when my wife and I first went guitar shopping, we had a hard time. Everybody just told me to "see what feels comfortable" but ultimately, I had no idea what "comfortable" was, and I really had no way of figuring it out because I couldn't play a damned thing.