I'm gonna be completely honest, everything was pretty messy. The singer was off-time, drums came in late a couple times, and sounds like the guitar missed a few notes.
You guys have a bit of work ahead of you. The whole band was off time, the singer really isn't very good (but props for even trying, Bruce is a beast!) and like sophist said it sounded like the guitarist(s) missed some notes.
Recording quality aside, the band sounds quite decent. You've not chosen an easy song to pull off. There is the odd timing issue, but nothing really 'out there.' I don't think I'd be disappointed if I went to see a live band and they sounded like that. A little bit of tightening and it's there. (though it is a little hard to tell, exactly, when the guitar is twice as loud as the rhythm section)

What really threw me was the vocal, which wasn't even in the ballpark. Your singer sounds like he can probably manage some stuff reasonably well, but Maiden is not a good choice for his voice - at all. Pick something more middle-of-the-road in the vocal department.

This is especially critical for vocals, because the average listener focuses on them. They don't care how good the band is if the singer isn't cutting it.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Aug 13, 2008,
Have the whole band play it with a metronome for a few hours, and have the guitarists work a little harder, and it'll be perfect.
Thanks for all of the constructive comments guys! I happen to be the singer and I have to say that maiden was really hard to pull off but our next cover is going to be master of puppets. I'll post here again when that's all set up.
Just remember, at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box
Do so. MOP is probably much better suited to your voice.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
The vocals were panned to the left a bit too much not to mention your singing was a pitchy but that can be worked on. The guitar wasn't bad at all, like The Sophist said, it missed a few notes here and there but guitar wasn't much of a concern. The bass was nearly not existent because that an d the drums were much too quite and all you could really focus on was the vocals and guitar. I'm not sure if you recorded it with you all playing together but if so, then I would strongly recommend not to do that. When recording its best to layer it, record each members part individually that way you cant be set off tempo by the other members (which doesn't help when you playing live) and keep a pair of head phones on with a metronome for the instrumentalists and then after you've layered those together, then play it while you record vocals doing each section at a time (verse 1,verse 2, chorus, etc) and that way you will be singing to the already finished instrumentals. Make sure to have a quality mic when recording and and a pop filter as well you should do it in a small confined, preferably sound-proofed room and avoid dairy a few days before recording vocals so you don't build up phlegm, but drink lots of water and green tea is good for your throat as well. Oh and try to do some vocal exercises to work on pitch and tone. Remember, practice makes perfect, or close to it.
so it was a bit ruff around the edges in places , needs a bit of a clean up.

Vocals need work
You are free to do what we tell you.
Yeah, I'd have to say for the vocals, it feels like your holding back for fear of sounding stupid. If you're going to sing Maiden you HAVE to give it all you got. Even if it sucks, the energy you give off will make it way better.

Also, try not to articulate so much, at times it is really hard to understand Bruce's singing, it's part of what makes it so awesome.

PS: PLEASE turn the gain on the amps down, it got pretty painful.
Last edited by SNAbadboy at Aug 19, 2008,