I have a fender strat, but ive been wanting to get rid of my bridge pick up for something a bit more edgy.

I play a lot of punk and metal. As does my band.

I was thinking about a duncan sh8 invader bridge pick up, but does anyone have an opinion on these or have a suggestion on another?
what type of punk and metal? what's your budge? what's your amp? it's an MIM standard strat, right?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have a 65 watt fender fm amp. (i think thats what it is)
i play alot of blink-182 and sum 41 type punk and a lot of types of metal from metallica to avenged sevenfold. i play A LOT of avenged sevenfold.

budget is les then 150$
...here we go again, i don't feel like getting involved, but i will X)

to TS, do you play in a band? gig? plan to be in one? and do you really need a half stack?
Quote by Ghold125
...here we go again, i don't feel like getting involved, but i will X)

to TS, do you play in a band? gig? plan to be in one? and do you really need a half stack?

i play in a punk/metal band as i stated in my first post.

what amp would you recommend?
For punk and Metal? Try B-52 or Used Mesa amps. i cant really think of a lot of Punk tones, as i dont listen to that much of it, but those 2 should cover your Metal needs wonderfully.

Also, Invaders can get kind of muddy so i wouldn't recomend one of them. I Suggest a DiMarzio pickup like the Steves Special. As i said, dont know a lot of punk but it should do Metal nicely. ask Teh_Gir about Steves Special, and PAF Pros as he has both, and see what he says about them. very nice guy.
Most people here on UG don't like the invader very much...
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
Most people here on UG don't like the invader very much...

probably because they sound like ****.

but then again its not like one goes to a blink 182 or avenged sevenfold record for the holy grail of tone.
avenged sevenfold are halfway there theyve got the bogner ubershalls....but now what about using that eq!!!!
if you have $1000 for a new amp, i'd be thinking of a used mesa f-series, peavey 5150/6505 combo, kustom coupe, something like that.

i wouldn't get new pickups until you get the new amp...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
i heard b-52 amps had a lot of problems

they fixed there reliability problems
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you have $1000 for a new amp, i'd be thinking of a used mesa f-series, peavey 5150/6505 combo, kustom coupe, something like that.

i wouldn't get new pickups until you get the new amp...

These will blow away that Randall you're looking at.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by sk8erk1d1313

Well then change those plans. Check out a B52 At 112 or a bugera 6262
B-52: http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-AT-112-60-Watt-1x12--Tube-Combo-Amp-103733606-i1170731.gc
Bugera: http://www.zzounds.com/item--BUG6262212

EDIT:
Oh man, under 1k?!
Check out some mesas and Peavey 6505/5150 Maybe a JSX too