When I practice i normaly do hour sessions. any more and i get some lower back discomfort and it just really irritates me so then i have to get up and do something else and come back and practice again. all in all i practice probably 2-3 hours a day. I normaly either sit on like a piano bench or a fold up chair and i think i sort of hunch over my guitar a little. Any suggestions on how to sit so i don't have to get up in the middle of practice?
just stand up while you practice, pretend its like a gig, it will help you out in the long run. Nobody likes a stiff musician.....

except groupies
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
sit up straight maby?
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
uh...i practise sitting because i was used to play classical with no strap, but i can also play standing up...

just sit up straight

kudos on the stiff/groupies thing xD
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Freepower/

Go there and watch his short lesson on posture; good posture can fix any number of playing problems.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
honestly, I cant use those stools you see a lot of musicians sitting on. I have a nice comfortable padded chair that I use. It has no arm rests, so my arms' movement isnt restricted. I still try to keep my back straight without an arch. To each his own I guess, but I always feel unstable on those stools, as if I were about to fall.