One again, I thank you in advance for indulging me.. I would love to hear any feedback on this one.. maybe wrong place wrong time.. I dunno..

I just finished this lil tune, Started it yesterday, worked pretty hard on it, for hours in a row and finished it a few minutes ago.

The Vocals, Horns, Guitar, Bass.. all recorded one time through, no punch's.

I was shooting for a late 40's vibe, I call her 'Post War Dream'.

Don't laugh too hard... I hope at least someone gets it.. I mean I hope it is familar, acceptable, yet out of the norm enough to perk up an ear for a second or two. It's about all I could ask for on this one.

Again, it's just lil ol me with some relativly primative tools..

Thanks for your ear.

Post War Dreaming
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6804036&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6804036&q=hi
Not bad!! The only thing that irks me is the vocals are rather monotonous, but the music is great.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Quote by scrambler_66
Not bad!! The only thing that irks me is the vocals are rather monotonous, but the music is great.

Thanks for your thoughts.. i'll take them to heart pending re-mix.
Quote by scrambler_66

Re-doing the vocals as we speak.. in an hour or so if you get a chance, give them another try..
I am REALLY struggling trying to make the vocals stand out in this mix.. without just 'turning them up'..

Anyone who actualy knows mixing (vesus me who is a farce at it) who can toss me any ideas how to make this kind of vocal stand out without just changing eveything.. I would REALLY appreciate it..

Part of my problem is both the guitar and the clarinet are in the same vocal range.. so they compete for space..

Any tips on EQ or panning would be incredibly helpful before I spend another day re-doing it to only end up with the same exact results..

Toss a brother a bone?