These are beautiful guitars, especially for under a grand. I know they're made in Korea so don't try to blow my mind with that fact. Anyways, I was set on a HSS Strat for around $400 but these babies run $500... Any thoughts? Anyone have or know anyone that has the SE Single-Cut, I've heard great things but I'd like to hear more. BTW I play mostly classic rock, and some alternative type stuff. Pretty much anything from the Beatles to old thrash like Megadeth... not really anything harder than that though.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I really like the sound of the tremonti sig, but they are crap parts....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I played one when i was hunting for my guitar. I was pretty disappointed actually =/

The neck wasn't particularly smooth and as someone else said, and i couldn't agree more, the neck felt very dry. Not a bad sound, but overpriced in my opinion
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
i think they arent bad.... dosent stay in tune worth a **** tho... ud want to get some locking tuners or something
These kinds of things were my concern... Think a mexi strat would be a more reliable choice?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i was a bit underwhelmed by the one i tried too. but they are quite a bit more expensive here than in the USA (they're the equivalent of $800 here).

i guess, as usual, try everything else which is similar which is a similar price... washburn, michael kelly, godin etc. are all likely to be worth a try. probably some i've forgotten about too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ya I was completely decided on a MIM HSS Strat as of an hour ago, until I saw the SE Single-Cut was only about $100 more... Seems like a PRS Squier to me though.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Well, TBH, the only exceptionally good PRS's are from the early 90's, and any of their custom stuff to date.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I have a se singlecut.

I went through about 8 before I found one that stayed in tune, but it's no different than looking for any cheap guitar, keep looking til you find a good one, got mine for 500 bucks at GC. Liked it better than the epi lp, and lots of the necks were indeed dry. It was my first guitar, but I spent like 14 hours over 3 days just playing stuff in the store. If you look, you'll find a good one.

I get boners for mine. Love the sound, but I'm playing through a practice amp, so they're supposed to make all guitars and pups sound similar, but I played on a deluxe reverb in the store, and they were decent pups for the price range (Looks like you could upgrade them if you wanted too, judging by other gear). I didn't play any nice guitars, cause I didn't have the money to buy one, but they sounded good for a relatively cheap one, and I love the finish on mine.
I know for a fact that higher end PRS models own, they are amazing guitars

as for the lower-med end models im not so sure because ive never played one

i would just try them out if i was you
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
I'd pass on the SE.
I recently picked up a Washburn WI64, and for the price, it's a great guitar.
Stock pickups are a bit muddy though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by PanHead
Is your sig for real TS?

+1

I'm curious as well, because if you really have six Gibson LP's why are you looking at a budget copy? Shouldn't you at the very least be looking at the SC250/SC245?

As for the quality of the guitars, I think they're pretty good. There's a huge markup on them so they go on sale pretty frequently. I would just wait around for that, to snag them at low price.
Quote by PanHead
Is your sig for real TS?

It's not.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i personally tried a few out until i found one that plays like a dream. ya some parts need upgrading, like locking tuners, but that is understandable considering they run just upwards of an epi lp. i like the pickups, pretty versatile, so i would say try one out. i think you can get a lot more out of it than with a MIM strat.
Quote by darkarbiter7
I'd pass on the SE.
I recently picked up a Washburn WI64, and for the price, it's a great guitar.
Stock pickups are a bit muddy though.

my guitar teacher has one of those, its amazing. its got nice warm humbucker tones; like something you'd expect from a les paul.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by darkarbiter7
It's not.

+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^^Yeah, but a bit too warm for me.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i have a tremonti se and it is absolutely fantastic. dont remember what i paid for it exactly, but its more expensive now. mine stays in tune extremely well (i left it at home in its gig bag for a month or two, came home and played it and it was still in tune, then still in tune when i played it the next day). however, ive played some se models in stores recently and they are hit or miss. ive played one that felt better than mine, a couple that were as good or almost as good, and a bunch that felt like crap with strings. its one of those models where you have to try that exact one to make sure its good.

there are other great options in that price range as well though, so ill move this to EG where it should get some better responses.
^ They go on sale all the time, so the price fluctuates pretty dramatically. I know for awhile they were closer to $400 and there have been times I've seen them even lower than that.

On the PRS forums there was a thread about one of GC sales and they were selling the SE Soapbar for $190. I don't know what the markup is on the Custom and Singlecut, but yeah...
I have an se, and I must say that it is very much a love/hate relationship. Love the simplicity, easy to get decent sound out of, and a great guitar for beginners, but the fretboard can be a killer, and it never stays in tune for more than a few hours.
Why the hell was this bumped up
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

I went to Sam ash's to test the single cut and all i have to say is it has too problems.....

1.Buy Locking Tuners Because This Guitars get Out Of Tune Sometimes

2.Neck Isnt really that smooth.

Other than that, its a Decent Guitar.
SIG
yup.