what is the price of this guitar?

what is pick up? if a guitar contains 5 pick and another one contains 4 pick up ,that means 5 pick ups guitar is best?

24 frets guitar is better or 22 frets guitar is good enough?

my budget is 300 $ US dollar ..which guitar will be perfect for me?

pls suggest me...

fender or ibanez is better for metal music.

is ther any guitar named washband?
how about the guitar TGM?is good for metal songs?
wut?

no idea on price

number of pickups means nothing

22is probably good enough, ive never played a song that required 24

ibanez is better for metal music
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by sacamano79 at Aug 13, 2008,
You're looking about 600-700 US Dollars because over here in Britain the guitar costs 350 Pounds.

The guitar has not 4 pickups but 2 humbucker pickups but it does look like 4. you can get them with 2 humbucker pickups and one single coil pickup making it look like there are 5.

24 frets are much better than 22 because you can get the higher notes.

There is no guitar called a washband but there is one called a Washburn which Dimebag Darrell used before he switched to Dean.

Ibanez is better for Metal and Fender is better for Rock n Roll (Except in the case of Iron Maiden who use fenders quite a lot)

Hope that helps man:-)
thanks for ur info....hmm so if a guitar contains 2 humbucker pickups and a single coil pick up ...will it be better than a guitar which includes just 2 humbucker pick ups...
what is the work of pick ups?
It's all preferance dude.
And 22 frets and 24 are all preferance too, neither can be considered better.
Wow. N00bage.

Anyway yeah for $300 you can't buy that guitar, Ibanez is better for metal, you can't get a guitar with five pickups, 24 frets are not better than 22, and there is no guitar named "washband" but there is Washburn. But they aren't good for metal.
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
Quote by afsar3010
thanks for ur info....hmm so if a guitar contains 2 humbucker pickups and a single coil pick up ...will it be better than a guitar which includes just 2 humbucker pick ups...
what is the work of pick ups?

Choice of pickups is dependant on the style of music you want to play. Humbuckers are better for heavy distortion while single coils are better for lighter distortion and clean sounds.

You want to play metal music I assume, so I would go for something with 2 Humbuckers. Getting a single coil as well wont really make much difference, but it gives you some extra flexibility if you want to play something a bit lighter.

PS. A pickup is basically a microphone for your strings. It "picks up" the sound, and is then transfered to the amp.

Hope that helps.
hmmmm...how many songs require 24 frets?i have found some songs require 24 frets like glasgow kiss by john petrucchi...should i go for 24 frets or 22 frets is enough ?
thanks monty

and what is floating board or bar? what is its work

what is tremlo? what is the work of tremlo?
floating trem?
tremolo is another name for vibrato/whammy bars
it lower(or raises your note)
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Floating board? I don't even know what you're talking about to answer that question.
Tremelo, it's a certain type of bridge. There are different types of tremelos to choose from, but it's all preferance.

We can't tell you what is best. Everything comes down to your opinion on things, because people like different things than others. There are plenty of songs that have 24 frets, and there are plenty of songs that dont. Even if you have a 22 fret, you can still hit the same note at the 24th fret would make.

Pickups are all a matter of opinion too. Everything is different, and so is everybodys opinion. Asking here isn't going to do you much good unless you accually go and try out the guitars first, which would be my suggestion.
If you're into metal, Ibanez is commonly looked at as a metal guitar company, but fender has some good metal guitars like the showmaster strats and the flathead series guitars, but you won't find a fender guitar or good quality ibanez at that price unless it's used or you could check out www.musiciansfriend.com where they have some good RG guitars. If you want a guitar with a floating trem, you should consider the Ibanez GRG270. And there is no company called washband, it's washburn.
Quote by Steve Plod
Wow. N00bage.

Anyway yeah for $300 you can't buy that guitar, Ibanez is better for metal, you can't get a guitar with five pickups, 24 frets are not better than 22, and there is no guitar named "washband" but there is Washburn. But they aren't good for metal.

Damn, what was that one Washburn player called? Oh yeah, Dimebag.
Quote by Horlicks
Damn, what was that one Washburn player called? Oh yeah, Dimebag.

mmhmm
scot ian too, (ugh)
pretty much all wasburn does now is metal, look at thier page
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
which one is better ibanez grg 270 or ibanez grg 270 DX

.or they both are same?

what is the price of these guitar?
new here, but thought i'd chime in.

I thought it does matter if the guitar as 22 vs 24 frets because generally the ibanez scale length is 25.5 for both.

In that case, if you have smaller hands, the 24 frets may be better because there is a less stretch, and also, I believe intonation is better when the scale length is longer with respect to the number of frets.

so 24 frets intonation not as good, but more frets within the same scale length.

feel free to correct nething i said haha
Quote by afsar3010
which one is better ibanez grg 270 or ibanez grg 270 DX

.or they both are same?

what is the price of these guitar?

I think, and I remember that the DX meant the guitar had shark tooth inlays, but beyond that, the specifications should be the same.

Have you gone down to a shop to try out the guitar? I suggest you do so before carrying on with the thread. At the end of the day, we can sit here describing everything about the different specs of a guitar, but it won't make much sense to you.

Just go to a guitar shop, ask to try the guitar and then come back with answers, you'll get better response, and I'll be that you'll have even more questions then.

Don't worry, UG isn't about to up and shift URL pages, we'll still be here when you come back from the guitar shop
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by biglin
new here, but thought i'd chime in.

I thought it does matter if the guitar as 22 vs 24 frets because generally the ibanez scale length is 25.5 for both.

In that case, if you have smaller hands, the 24 frets may be better because there is a less stretch, and also, I believe intonation is better when the scale length is longer with respect to the number of frets.

so 24 frets intonation not as good, but more frets within the same scale length.

feel free to correct nething i said haha

I think you have it figured out wrong. The scale length is the distance between the bridge and the nut, so if you have 24 frets VS. 22 frets on guitars with the same scale length, the distance between frets is the same, the only difference is the placement of the neck pickup, and the two extra frets. The distance between the other frets is the same. If you compare two guitars of different scale lengths, you will then find a difference in fret distances.
Quote by ragingkitty
I think, and I remember that the DX meant the guitar had shark tooth inlays, but beyond that, the specifications should be the same.

Have you gone down to a shop to try out the guitar? I suggest you do so before carrying on with the thread. At the end of the day, we can sit here describing everything about the different specs of a guitar, but it won't make much sense to you.

Just go to a guitar shop, ask to try the guitar and then come back with answers, you'll get better response, and I'll be that you'll have even more questions then.

Don't worry, UG isn't about to up and shift URL pages, we'll still be here when you come back from the guitar shop

guitar shops r not available here.i m not a rich guy to get a guitar next time..this is the first expensive guitar in my life.so i have discuss with it.got it?

so should i go with ibanez GRG270...i have to use it for next 4 years.i m not beginner or amateure..im at semi pro level ..i think!!!! lol

pls suggest