Hi all,

I never know where threads belong these days, it's somewhat like trying to figure out where I'm allowed to smoke.

Anyway, one of my contacts is sending me the same message when she's offline. I am fully aware it isn't her sending it as it's a link to website. I'm not stupid enough/I'm too scared to click it.

Just wondering, is this a problem that's at her end or mine?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
hers
shes appearing offline and the virus on her ocmputer is sending you the virus invitation so to speak.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by x0rsist
hers
shes appearing offline and the virus on her ocmputer is sending you the virus invitation so to speak.

A little off topic, but has anyone actually responded to the last bit of your sig?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Quote by daniel.mycoe
A little off topic, but has anyone actually responded to the last bit of your sig?

that thread got locked long ago because it was abused..but it was epic and im keeping the memory alive in my sig!
Gear:
Quote by Soadfan8
*waits for someone to post the "wat" picture*

oooh, it'll be taht annoying thing. looks something like this:

*First part of your email*.*a wesbite*.com

eg. if your email is: hello@hotmail.com

hello.staticpics.com

or something like that. Don't click. its a biiig virus
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
oooh, it'll be taht annoying thing. looks something like this:

*First part of your email*.*a wesbite*.com

eg. if your email is: hello@hotmail.com

hello.staticpics.com

or something like that. Don't click. its a biiig virus

sometimes it even remplaces it by a nickname

and if you click on it

1: you get a virus instantly from the site

or/and

2: it prompts you to download a .zip file witch "contains a picture of you" or contains the item concerned in the msn conversation.

Well there are tons of msn viruses...
Quote by x0rsist
hers

It's not a virus, she is offline but she has entered her account details onto the website she's linking to, and a bot is sending the messages.
I've had it before, just ask her to change her password and it should go away, don't click the link just incase it is a virus though.
Quote by gwlikesguitar
It's not a virus, she is offline but she has entered her account details onto the website she's linking to, and a bot is sending the messages.
I've had it before, just ask her to change her password and it should go away, don't click the link just incase it is a virus though.

thats all and good.

my sisters one did what im talking about...only when she was on her laptop..she lieks to appear offline to make her friends think shes not online 24/7...like she is!
Gear:
I've had one's that have the first bit of my email but I never gave any attention to them. It just comes up with a link to a website. I know it won't be worth clicking and it would be a stupid idea to do so, I just wanted to make sure it's not due to my computer. If I'm getting these messages, does this mean this virus has my contact details?
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.