Neighborhood locked down.

Although it's apparently shown some decent results, does the end justify the means? It actually seemed almost harmless...Until I read this little quote:

"...I'm fairly certain that a judge will see it the way the way the citizens see it here...that some infringement on constitutional rights is OK..."

So I ask the Pit: Should this be allowed? Does the end justify the means?

And for the tl;dr's: suck my left one and read it.
Awwh, I thought this was going to be about zombies not some constitutional rights crap.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Awwh, I thought this was going to be about zombies not some constitutional rights crap.

I know the feeling
It would almost make Arkansas worth going to just for a little zombie hunting
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Does a mayor have the authority to do that? I would think only the Governor could...
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
the scary thing is, that you can look at it just as an audition to see how far they can go in the future
i dont like it either but the city leaders did all approve of it, i guess the real judges here are the actual citizens and not screwed up politicians
I say just shoot the ****ers. Arresting gangsters is such a pain, and they're just going to end up in a jail cell anyway. Why not save us some tax money?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by blynd_snyper
It's a completely retarded idea, and anybody who supports it should be fed to piranhas.

This.

Anybody who sacrifices their rights for temporary security deserves neither of them. (Quoted from whoever the hell said that )
Last edited by garden of grey at Aug 13, 2008,
Ridiculous. They shouldn't force people into their homes for "their protection", they should increase police patrols in that area.
Quote by LazySandman
I know the feeling
It would almost make Arkansas worth going to just for a little zombie hunting

Almost.
Nah I would go. I'll just have to wear a gasmask and burn all my clothes afterwards.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
That's bull****. Even a night time curfew is bull****, so what if I wanna walk to wal-mart at 3:00 in the morning. Bite my shiny metal ass.
Quote by slidething31
Does a mayor have the authority to do that? I would think only the Governor could...

Unless the Mayor is...

ADAM WEST
Its probably either this or call in the national guard, but they're in Iraq.

Sounds good to me.
this is ridiculous

it's not dealing with the problem, it's just unlawfully stopping people and creating tension

10-block neighborhood in this small town on the banks of the Mississippi River long troubled by poverty

here's the cause of the problem, deal with that and that will deal with the crime
Another thing that gives Arkansas a bad name

I sware Northwest Arkansas needs to rename itself and break off from the rest of Arkansas.
Quote by Wulphy
I say just shoot the ****ers. Arresting gangsters is such a pain, and they're just going to end up in a jail cell anyway. Why not save us some tax money?

Seriously. You get caught with drugs & weapons, you get executed on the street on your knees in public. Great crime deterrent. I swear, our justice system can be a big pu**y sometimes.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Quote by fsae0607
Seriously. You get caught with drugs & weapons, you get executed on the street on your knees in public. Great crime deterrent. I swear, our justice system can be a big pu**y sometimes.

Of course, because that solve crime, benefit the US constitution and wouldn't cause mass protests very likely to cause more trouble.

I really hope I didn't catch the sarcasm, because you sounded scarily serious.
What I meant is that we're too soft when it comes to gang problems. Everybody is so happy and eager to sue around here. Democracy & the Constitution & Bill of Rights, as much as I love it and stand for it, can be a double-edged sword. It's great for human rights, but too soft on criminals that need to be punished.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Quote by garden of grey
This.

Anybody who sacrifices their rights for temporary security deserves neither of them. (Quoted from whoever the hell said that )

"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."

-Ben Franklin

You know one of the founding fathers of the United States, not that this fucking Big Brother wannabe bastard government gives a shit what once made this country great. I swear to God, I'm almost moved to just up and take off for Canada some days. I hate it when people discriminate against the U.S. for the character of its people, but I think anyone who hates our fucking government has the right idea.