im impressed with his skill, and thats pretty much it.
I see no sign of fortress.
old
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
pretty neat. new to me.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
How did he dedicate 16 hours a day to practicing...didn't he go to school? Or even sleep for that matter?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
nice skills.. sounds like PURE ****...
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
21 notes a second... wow
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by steve98614
thats what happens when you start at age 5 and practice 16 hrs. a day

I'd rather play with my friends. Seriously no matter how perfect his technique is and how fast he plays, it sounds like sh*t. Like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGjDdfT8Ppg
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
I couldn't practice 16 hours day cause I poop for 11.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
holy sh*t....
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by Chips-
I'd rather play with my friends. Seriously no matter how perfect his technique is and how fast he plays, it sounds like sh*t. Like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGjDdfT8Ppg

Two of the truest statements.

Good job, sir Chips.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
people say "he sounds like shit blah blah." but who the fuck would sound good playing 345647 notes per second? he's doing it for the record books, not to please your ears.
Last edited by cloud041089 at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by cloud041089
people say "he sounds like shit blah blah." but who the fuck would sound good playing 345647 notes per second? he's doing it for the record books, not to please your ears.

guitar+not pleasing your ear=crap
guitar+playing with soul+still playing stupidly fast=godly

guitar is all about playing to please, if you have no soul then dont even bother

o yeah listen to michele angilo baito for soulful shred
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616

guitar is all about playing to please, if you have no soul then dont even bother

guitar - ear pleasure + record breaking nps = guinness book of world records attention, money, poon, more than what you will ever achieve, etc.

plus, i doubt that guy does nothing but play flight of the bumble bee. none of you know what he plays like when he plays for the sake of MUSIC instead of guinness book of world records. its kind of like when people hear "no boundaries" by MAB and say "he has no emoshun!!" and when theyre shown some of his stuff from Nitro they're like "zomg thats pretty good!!1"
Last edited by cloud041089 at Aug 14, 2008,
Quote by Tango616

He's doing it to break a record. It was a record for speed, not speed and sounding good enough to please everyone.

Hahahaha...
~Heads Will Roll
Throats Will Be Slit
Blood Will Flow Like Spring Of Water!~

Quote by john_latchem
Speed Emblem = winnar!
Quote by Tango616

i lol'd
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
okay, i'm bumping this thread. remember my e-penis pumping posts in the first page where i said "none of you know what he plays like when he plays for the sake of music instead of the record books"? well i just looked at his myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/tdellavega

songs like destiny, violet rose, distant dreams... sooo nice! he has so much emoshun... you know, BENDS, VIBRATO, SUSTAINING NOTES!!
seriously though.. i would put him on the same level as paul gilbert and steve vai. its crazy that he only has 432 friends.
Last edited by cloud041089 at Aug 15, 2008,
Might as well buy a violin for ****'s sake.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
I love how people comment on it sounding on ****... When he's breaking a world record for speed. He obviously doesn't play like that all the time, hell, there are probably rarely if any times in his actual music that he plays that fast. The guy's a ****ing great guitarist, so uhhh, get over it?
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I love how people comment on it sounding on ****... When he's breaking a world record for speed. He obviously doesn't play like that all the time, hell, there are probably rarely if any times in his actual music that he plays that fast. The guy's a ****ing great guitarist, so uhhh, get over it?

that's what ive been saying! very versatile too, some epic metal feel (with string instruments and shit) and some hella chill moments
lol I find all the idiots saying crap like "no matter how perfect his technique is and how fast he plays, it sounds like sh*t. Like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGjDdfT8Ppg"
exceedingly stupid and hilarious at the same time. have you listened to any of his actual music? if you haven't there is no point to your post. I'm sure that someone with enough devotion to the instrument and who spent so much time perfecting it could appreciate the fact that speed isn't everything better than you. and what the hell difference does it make if he wants to show off a little? if you had the ability to play that fast I'm sure you wouldn't hide it, you would use it whenever it's called for.
I think I speak for all of us, when I say

USE THE GODDAMN SEARCHBAR
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
so he can play the guitar really fast but sound like ****. Even trade?

Thats not playing the guitar. Playing the guitar takes creativity, and you make music when actually playing. not just a whole bunch of random notes being played incredbly fast.
Quote by the_man101

Thats not playing the guitar. Playing the guitar takes creativity, and you make music when actually playing. not just a whole bunch of random notes being played incredbly fast.

Quote by the_man101

They weren't random it was just sped up. He was prolly doing it just cause he could.
Quote by the_man101

The fact that he played the exact same thing each time, just sped up, should've made it obvious that they weren't random notes. Whether it sounds good or not at 320 bpm is another story, but they weren't random notes.
The last time I checked there wasn't a record for "most emoshun in guitar" so why can't we just say well done to the guy for being awesome instead of whining about his performance?
Quote by the_man101

Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
The fact that he played the exact same thing each time, just sped up, should've made it obvious that they weren't random notes. Whether it sounds good or not at 320 bpm is another story, but they weren't random notes.

Guys you should know you can't take his comment serious when you look at his profile and see something like this in his gear section: "Ibenez: Not sure"

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

by the end... nothing but noise it was
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me