Im looking to invest in some better pickups for my EC-500. I was wondering what kind I should get (active)? I play metal/hardcore music in my current band and would like a better tone. Would 81/85's even be good or are the stock ones good enough (I ask because I have a terrible amp)?

Any suggestions are welcome
Quote by Moggan13
Sig it and i'll give you a blowjob
the ec-500 comes with 81/60 doesnt it ? or did you get the one with duncans ? either way get a new amp if you dont like your tone.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
what amp are you playing through ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
well I rate the 60 better than the 85, so I wouldn't go for a pup change, so if your not happy with your amp save up and get a new one?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Well, friday I get my last paycheck of the summer and imma go downtown and buy a 6505head and marshall 1960 cab. I guess itll make my pickups sound way better than when i was playing through my crate glx1200
Quote by Moggan13
Another question: I was having problems with my sound on that guitar when I flipped the tone switch all the way up (it wouldnt make any noise, every other tone switch works). I had the volume on the guitar on max for every pickup, replaced the battery, and it still is doing it. Any reasons why that is?
Quote by Moggan13