I am very close to getting a used Fender Blues Junior for $290. I would use it with some sort of distortion or overdrive pedal. I'd be covering bands like The White Stripes, Wolfmother, The Vines, The Strokes, The Hives, AC/DC, Bloc Party, Smashing Pumpkins, The Beatles, Foo Fighters, etc.

Any last suggestions, pros or cons?
its a great amp and I am sure you will enjoy it. Just pick up a big muff and you will be all set with the tones you want.
If you're gigging, I still say you should spend a little more and get something like a Peavey Classic 30. The difference between 15W and 30W is big, especially if you need cleans at gig volumes. You should be able to find a C30 in the $350 range. Well worth the extra money, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yeah I'd get a Classic 30 too. I find that amp to be abetter amp too really.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
True. I kind of like the Fender brand better than Peavey. My friend's Dad says that Peavey is a "beginner" amp brand.
What?!
Tons of professionals use Peaveys.
the 5150 is EVH's sig amp
6505 is the chioce of many metal guitarists.
JSX? Guess whos amp that is
I can get a Classic 30 on Craig's List for $250. What would be a good pedal to put with the Classic 30 to achieve the sounds I want?
Quote by newbienewbie
I can get a Classic 30 on Craig's List for $250. What would be a good pedal to put with the Classic 30 to achieve the sounds I want?

Thats a fantastic deal! Jump on it. Check out a maxon od808