Poll: Do u think speed stacking is a sport?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do u think speed stacking is a sport?
yup
16 13%
hell no! i rape speed stackers
104 86%
Voters: 121.
So...the tittle says it all, do u think that stupid cup stacking thing is a sport?

I say
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
the *tit* tle? haha. sry 13 year old humor there
Deacon of the Church of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of Slashism, the worship of Saul Hudson himself, PM slash's_#1_fan to join

Member #34 of the John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub
PM IpodInaBottle to join
What?!
It sounds worse than cheerleading as a sport!!!

Extreme ironing is where its at!!!!!
Extremeeeeeee!!!!
about as much a sport as any other. It's all in the mind of the sportsman or sports follower. somewhere they'll be extreme whittling or the cross loop universe stitching title.
KENZI199 is from the internet.
Quote by af_the_fragile
What?!
It sounds worse than cheerleading as a sport!!!

Extreme ironing is where its at!!!!!
Extremeeeeeee!!!!

Can you imagine the commentary?
Somehow it has been deemed a sport.
But in my personal opinion I say NAY!
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Yes since it's a competition that relies on physical coordination and other physical traits that must be trained and what not. But I still voted no.
uhh.... is there anything inherently athletic involved?

No.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by Faux
Actually, its Sport Stacking:

http://www.speedstacks.com/

edit:

"INSTRUCTORS
Start a Sport Stacking program today

PARENTS
Find out how stacking can benefit your kids"

^from the site

"We believe sport stacking helped our 14 year-old son win 2nd place at a Colorado State Classical Piano Contest..."
— Shane, father

That's a pretty good one, but this was my favourite;
"As a parent with an ADD child, I have been researching various methods of assisting my child to overcome inattentiveness."
— Michelle, mother
That is QUALITY right there.

EDIT: It's not cheap either;
http://www.speedstacks.com/store/us/stack_packsG.php
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Last edited by BlackLuster at Aug 13, 2008,
No. I've tried it before (my cousin got a set for his birthday and me and my uncle were competing. I won) and it's kind of fun, but it shouldn't be called a sport.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
its a ****ing game

us americans are REALLY running out of ideas guys
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by Jackolas

Can you imagine the commentary?

And to go for the first record attempt of extreme ironing at 6000ft on the summit of the mountain! You can see as he irons his shirt clean by the cliff face. Dave, have you ever seen such clean ironing, its absolutely mind blowing!!

yeah, i'm bad at these things...
we should find a popular stacking vid and al post "UG" on a comment
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
do you know what kind of intense physical and mental training it takes to stack cups?!?!?!?!

no,it's not
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
This pissed me off, bigtime. I sent them this:

Dear Speedstack,

I recently came across your website whilst visiting a forum; the majority of members were ridiculing you. Curiously, i clicked on the link to your page and read about speedstacks. I have a question - is this some sort of joke?

Firstly, i would like to question what sort of normally-balanced child would actually take PLEASURE in attempting to stack cups faster than one another. From a 16-year-old's point of view, i'd rather help my parents tidy the house, since at least it is productive. You may argue the nonsense that "it improves hand-eye coordination". So does learning an instrument, playing sports (excluding the excuse of speedstacks, obviously). In this technology-fuelled world, who would take delight in stacking cups?

Secondly, i would like to dispute the claim that speedstacking is a sport. In mine and many other's opinion, speedstacking is as much of a sport as furiously typing rude words into a calculator turned upside-down. It involves no physical exercise whatsoever.

Finally, i would like to enquire what your annual turnover of these cups is (if you are willing to share this information), because i think that if you are anywhere as popular as you appear to be, the world is doomed to be run by morons that sign peace treaties with rocket-propelled-grenades. My suggestion is that maybe you turn your cups upside-down and sell them with the purpose of drinking from, rather than stacking them together. In fact, you can stack them this way too, and it's more productive; after you've washed them, you stack to let the water out.

Yours faithfully,

___
I'd write an extensive reply covering all aspects of this, but I am currently too busy high altitude training in Kilimanjaro, for the upcoming Speed Monopoly championships.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Yes since it's a competition that relies on physical coordination and other physical traits that must be trained and what not. But I still voted no.

so marching band is a sport
the harcorest of the hardcore sports.

Quote by Hypnotisation
This pissed me off, bigtime. I sent them this:

Dear Speedstack,

*letter to speedstack website*

Yours faithfully,

___

your email will be the joke of the entire corporation by tomorrow
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Aug 13, 2008,
Yeh, I consider it a sport.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
wel some county in the UK wants Thi Chi to be made an Olympic sport ¬¬
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by daytripper75
i heard they might give it a spot in the special olympics.

retards trying to stack cups? I'm Tivo-ing that ****.
two and a half men.
Quote by www.dictionary.com
sport Audio Help /spɔrt, spoʊrt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[spawrt, spohrt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.
2. a particular form of this, esp. in the out of doors.
3. diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime.
4. jest; fun; mirth; pleasantry: What he said in sport was taken seriously.
5. mockery; ridicule; derision: They made sport of him.
6. an object of derision; laughingstock.
7. something treated lightly or tossed about like a plaything.
8. something or someone subject to the whims or vicissitudes of fate, circumstances, etc.
9. a sportsman.
10. Informal. a person who behaves in a sportsmanlike, fair, or admirable manner; an accommodating person: He was a sport and took his defeat well.
11. Informal. a person who is interested in sports as an occasion for gambling; gambler.
12. Informal. a flashy person; one who wears showy clothes, affects smart manners, pursues pleasurable pastimes, or the like; a bon vivant.
13. Biology. an organism or part that shows an unusual or singular deviation from the normal or parent type; mutation.
14. Obsolete. amorous dalliance.

Yup, I'd say it's a sport.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
It doesn't have to be physical to be a sport. There are intellectual sports, athletic sports, motor skill sports, etc.

Cup stacking is a motor skill. It can be competitive. People train to get better. There are world records.

It's a sport.
6. an object of derision; laughingstock.

I guess it is a sport, then.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred