what kind do you recommend? I like the Jazz III's but I also am thinking of getting some Dunlop tortex picks.
I am using John 5 Signature picks.They are great,theyre hard to wear out,Ive been using the same pick for 3 months and I have not had a problem.
I love my tortex 0.60...might be too thin for you tho...try 0.72 ones or whatever they are. (yellow coloured I think).
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
A local band got a pick deal and while think they have **** music they have great picks. They dont slip when your hand starts to sweat, they wear away about three times slower than anything else i ever used, and theyre cheap. Heavy gauge.
umm... I got Dunlop big stubby's... the 2.0 mm ones... I bought a few a year ago and I'm still using the first one
I usually buy the musicians friend brand mediums. Sure they arent the best, but I buy like 120 of em for like $50 and they last forever if you use em for guitar. My last 120 shipment ran out cuz my bass player was using them and they break easily on bass strings.
Quote by Moggan13
Sig it and i'll give you a blowjob
Fender Celluloids. They're flammable, so lit 'em and throw at your drummer! My drummer has scars. =]
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
dunlop tortex 1.14 (the purple ones) are fantastic, I used to use thin flexy picks but it just doesn't feel or sound the same as a nice solid pick
stick with Jazz IIIs.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Quote by Kozlic
I love my tortex 0.60...might be too thin for you tho...try 0.72 ones or whatever they are. (yellow coloured I think).

yea I prefer anything over 1mm.

is the hype about the Jazz III's true?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Fender Celluloids. They're flammable, so lit 'em and throw at your drummer! My drummer has scars. =]

haha.

Well try out the Dunlop Tortex's and see if you like those better than the Jazz's that you use. I use the 1.14 tortex.
Quote by AvengedFoghat
what kind do you recommend? I like the Jazz III's but I also am thinking of getting some Dunlop tortex picks.

Dunlop Tortex Jazz... The grey ones.

EDIT: gah, beat me to it.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
haha.

Well try out the Dunlop Tortex's and see if you like those better than the Jazz's that you use. I use the 1.14 tortex.

I use the pick that came with my digitech pedal. its the purple pick, feels like a tortex.
Last edited by AvengedFoghat at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by AvengedFoghat
I use the pick that came with my digitech pedal. its the grey pedal.

Most of us don't have the pick that comes with it, so why not just go to the store and try a Jazz III, a Tortex or a Tortex Jazz?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Used to use Dunlops until I found Brain picks which are fantastic and have a way better grip. Use the red (.73) and black (0.88) ones. Then I found Dava picks (que: heavenly angel music) and use those pretty much all the time now. I really don't care about how long a pick lasts but if thats a concern for you then know that these are actually the most durable of any I've had.

Just a question: do some of you seriously only have like one or two picks and you need to worry about how long they last...? Don't mean to offend anyone but seriously, even the most expensive ones are like 1 or 2 bucks each, with most of them being under a buck. Spend some of your allowance and stock up!
SNARLING DOG BRAIN PICKS, i will preach these until the day i die. I use the heavy 1.14 orange picks, the best tone you can get from a pick in my opinion and they last forever. The on them is amazing as well.
Jazz III's. None other. Maybe it's because my store gives them to me for free, but still.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
This is what I did to find a pick that I liked, buy one of every kind that you think you might like, then take them home and try them all out. And see what you like.

What to do with the extras that you didn't like, give them to someone that needs a pick.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Tortexs really suck.
Epiphone G-400 Goth (I love it so much!)
Digitech RP 80 Modeling Guitar Processor
Viper Amp (Getting new one soon.)
Jay Turser Strat (Worst guitar ever made.)

"Different strokes for different folks."
Quote by red18420
A local band got a pick deal and while think they have **** music they have great picks. They dont slip when your hand starts to sweat, they wear away about three times slower than anything else i ever used, and theyre cheap. Heavy gauge.

So what picks are they using?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Ive come to love the green .88 dunlops