Well, i just got the pickups changed in my RG (they are awesome!) but everytime i use the whammy bar, the guitar goes out of tune! Hell, it went out of tune a couple times when i wasn't even touching it, just doing bends. Im pretty sure the nut is locked, and the strings aren't that old unless the guy at the guitar shop put new ones on without stretching them. I uploaded an mp3 to my profile with me playing a few chords and stuff, then using whammy, then everything is out of tune what could it be?
sounds like the stings didn't get stretched.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Quote by stussy<>punk
sounds like the stings didn't get stretched.

I thought that could be it, but usually the guy does a good job with it. Maby he was just rushed this time though is there any way to make them stretch out faster, because i kind of need the guitar for band practice tommorow morning. Is whammying to my hearts content the only way?
^ I dont think its a new guage, but might be the stretching

if it makes any difference its usually the D and G strings going out, and sometimes the A string too. the E's and B string usually stay pretty good, and if they do go out they only drop a little.
Quote by convictionless
springs? thats my only other guess.

I never even thought of that, actually. If the stretching thing doesn't seem to be working then i'll check those out, Thanks! Im not to good with Floyds though so ill probobly end up asking the shop to see whats wrong. The tuning was fine before i brought it in i think, so they must have done something wierd to it.
Unlock the nut, make sure the trem is level, if it isnt, set it perfectly level, stretch the strings a hell of a lot! tune it and stretch them again, repeat.

Also what pickups did you end up going with?

what did you put in the bridge and neck
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
Unlock the nut, make sure the trem is level, if it isnt, set it perfectly level, stretch the strings a hell of a lot! tune it and stretch them again, repeat.

Also what pickups did you end up going with?

what did you put in the bridge and neck

Tone Zone in the Bridge, PAF Pro in the Neck. In a year or two i want to pick up a fixed bridge RG and ill probobly put a set of PAFs in it just because i like them so much though. The Tone Zone is Great though

Ill do the stretching though. the Trem looks the same to me, but ill look up a few pictures of what it should be when its Level. God i hate locking nuts though i couldnt get the f*ckers undone for the longest time, now they might be loose
I was playing with the whammy bar and now the guitar is in tune. What. the F*CK. Anyways, im gonna play some more and see if it stays in tune. i guess it was the strings not being stretched or something, dont know how they got back to pitch though...
Yep, you really have to stretch them and tighten not only the locking nut at the neck really tight, but also the locking studs on the bridge itself, alot of people miss that.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
They don't have locking studs. Unless his was made before they stopped using them obviously.
It could just be the fact that your tremolo system is an Edge Pro.

All Edge systems suck, pretty much lol.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
It could just be the fact that your tremolo system is an Edge Pro.

All Edge systems suck, pretty much lol.

Um... no.
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
Unless they suddenly all got better since I last played them :P

They whammy nice, and all, but they detune like ****.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Unless they suddenly all got better since I last played them :P

They whammy nice, and all, but they detune like ****.

Edge III?
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

Edge Pros too.

Though, I haven't played a single guitar with an Edge trem after that one Edge Pro. Perhaps that one was just set up bad lol.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Edge Pros too.

Though, I haven't played a single guitar with an Edge trem after that one Edge Pro. Perhaps that one was just set up bad lol.

Quite probably, they tend to be very good apart from Edge IIIs. Sorry I was sarcy before.
Quote by Gummy Balls

Sarcy?

O_o

Is that supposed to be "scary" or "snarky"?
Because I don't find anyone with a Charmander av scary, Charmander is too win.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Sarcy?

O_o

Is that supposed to be "scary" or "snarky"?
Because I don't find anyone with a Charmander av scary, Charmander is too win.

Sarcastic

I'm very british
Quote by Gummy Balls

British=/=Sarcastic
American=Sarcastic

I just happen to be a little of all three :P
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened