im at my wits end
i hve tryied everything from an equilizer to buying one of those b-52 amps with the 3 channels but cant find a good way to boost my leads. the e.q. pedal cut through real well but killed my tone and the b-52 just killed my tone.
i have two ltd mh models one is a mh-53 and the other my main is a mh-100-qm plaing through a marshal mg 100 with 1960cab. i recently bought a tube screamer to add to my small peadle board ( a noise suppressor and boss corus ensamble) i have it set wher the level is almost on 10 the tone on a little over 12 oclock and the drive almost all the way off and i would like to use it to boost my guitar leads over my other guitarist but not completly over his tone like the e.q. it seems to give me a killer tone but not really boost
i play metal but love to experiment with everything from jazz to folk to blues so the pedal was a great buy but i would love some imput from any one who has done this thanks
my rig
ESP LTD mh-53
ESP LTD mh-100-qm
Marshall mg100 head
marshall 1960 cab
boss noise supressor
boss chours ensimbal
ibanez tube screamer
New amp.
Now.
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
+1, keep your cab but get a tube head.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
thanks that dosnt really help the working man does it in a perfect world my broke butt would own a tube amp but i cant or i wouldnt have put a thread up about it
so if any one knows any thing i can do
You can't really boost SS amps. There are a very select few that are improved in some way by driving the distortion channel.

When using an overdrive to boost a channel, keep in mind, we're boosting, not distorting, you have the drive or gain low and the tone at 12:00 and the output beyond 12:00. I would try using the EQ pedal to add a ton of mids, where the sliders would have a ^ shape. That will make your leads cut through much better, turn it off for rhythm playing if desired.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i think BBE makes a clean volume boost. check it out, should do what u need
man, as a former MG owner, i must say GET A TUBE AMP
i know ur not looking for that answer. but its true
good cab though..i know a guy who plays a tube marshall through an MG cab.his tone is ****.
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
How can a B-52 amp kill the tone of an MG? Maybe you should fiddle around with it more. It should crush the MG's overdrive.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
New amp is a good idea. You could try to turn up the level on the Tubescreamer.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I'm not sure what you're doing, but I don't see how that B-52 killed your tone. Which model was it? LG, ST, AT? And the settings on an amp matter a lot. What were they?

Doesn't sound like you need any boosting really, just maybe need to figure out how to use these things?
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator