Did anyone else hear that thing about Seth MacFarlane narrowly missing his flight onto the plane which was flown into the North twin tower?

Here's what is says on wikipedia about it:

On the morning of the September 11, 2001 attacks, MacFarlane was scheduled to return to Los Angeles on American Airlines Flight 11 from Boston, Massachusetts, after delivering a keynote speech at his alma mater. MacFarlane has stated his travel agent gave him an incorrect departure time and that he was suffering from a hangover from the previous night's celebrations. As a result, he arrived at Logan International Airport sometime around 7:30 and was unable to board the flight. Fifteen minutes after departure, American Airlines Flight 11 was hijacked, and at 8:46 a.m. was flown into the North Tower of the World Trade Center.

Here's what he said about the close call:
“ "The only reason it hasn’t really affected me as it maybe could have is I didn’t really know that I was in any danger until after it was over, so I never had that panic moment. After the fact, it was sobering, but people have a lot of close calls; you’re crossing the street and you almost get hit by a car… this one just happened to be related to something massive. I really can’t let it affect me because I’m a comedy writer. I have to put that in the back of my head."

Anyway, yeah, I just thought it was an amazing story. Thought I would share it.
You think THAT was bad! Remember the time he... *random joke that has nothing to do with plot or what was previously being talked about*

/south park reference
And I'm glad. Having just watched a few episodes of Family Guy, I feel the world is better while he lives.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
That's crazy

The same thing happened to a friend of mines dad, he was supposed to go on one of the flights that went into the towers and was in the airport and everything but at the last second his business called and needed him to stay in town one more day for a meeting, so he had to post-pone his flight.
Quote by Foo'
You think THAT was bad! Remember the time he... *random joke that has nothing to do with plot or what was previously being talked about*

/south park reference

Heh, I watched that episode today.
what's amazing about it?
he partiied, had a hangover, and was late to his flight?
nothing amazing there...
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
Well all the jokes where took quite quickly.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by veggiederek
what's amazing about it?
he partiied, had a hangover, and was late to his flight?
nothing amazing there...

The boozy saved his life, that's an amazing turnout of events, just think, had he not drank so much alcohol he would be dead.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Really? Damn, man.

Why did he have to miss it?
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
kinda old news, but still pretty lucky for that guy. I heard he has a drinking problem and missed his flight because he got drunk the night before and was still hungover. But I don't know if thats 100% true.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Quote by Hyneken
kinda old news, but still pretty lucky for that guy. I heard he has a drinking problem and missed his flight because he got drunk the night before and was still hungover. But I don't know if thats 100% true.

I hope it is. Then I'll have a better excuse for drinking. "I have to have one more. It'll save my life."
i'd say it's almost 7 years old
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
Quote by steee21
That's intense. Almost as intense as that time i forgot how to sit down.

i think i might just sig that
Quote by steee21

Quote by Zolom
Oreos are food...not weapons. MAKE EATS NOT WAR!
Quote by steee21

great clip.

and thanks, retards, for pointing out that it is old news. i wasn't aware it happened on September 11, 2001 . if you've seen it before, there is no point in telling us. go away. read something new. it just so happens some of us weren't aware of it.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by kidsilcon
The boozy saved his life, that's an amazing turnout of events, just think, had he not drank so much alcohol he would be dead.

you see? things always work out when you do whatever you want without worrying about the consequences
Quote by Fleabag
And I'm glad. Having just watched a few episodes of Family Guy, I feel the world is better while he lives.

You sir, are dead wrong.
yep, let's all commend this great survivor of the 9/11 attacks
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by Foo'

/south park reference

+1. only thing i wanted to post in this thread. family guy bugs me, about as much as that smirk on his face.

good show anger. thats character development

/another southpark reference
so seth macfarlane missed a flight and it saved is life. good for him.
i don't really care to much, and it's not because i don't like family guy, it's one of my favorite shows. it's just that there were a lot of other people who weren't so lucky and shouldn't be forgotten