I'm replacing my PRS but I'm not sure which guitar I should buy. I am looking into the Musicman Petrucci guitar and the Ibanez S5470F Prestige. I am terribly indecisive, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Here are links to both guitars.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAS5470F

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Music-Man-John-Petrucci-6String-Electric-Guitar?sku=515568
Last edited by theairibreathe7 at Aug 13, 2008,
I like the petrucci guitar over the ibanez.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
They're both very good guitars, but to me the JP wins because of the S's lesser sustain.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Petrucci. But you may also want to check out the Luke?
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

I say Petrucci. And if you get the Petrucci get it with a piezo option for about an extra 100 at most. It adds so much more for the money. It's basically putting a acoustic guitar option on it. I am a ***** for piezo after hearing it.

The Ibanez is good in these aspects to me. I like using mahogany for body woods since it's such a hard wood. It can really sustain notes. And the thin body of the S obviously. But more recently S buyers have been saying quality has declining lately. If you want an S try for early models. The trem chances are will be better.

Imo I prefer Petrucci's trem as well. I don't know about Ibanez's new ZR trems. But I can pull off some pretty heavy abusive things without a locking nut without going out of tune on the Petrucci that imo is a big plus. Because I can't stand tuning issues and I like to change tunings often as well. If you get the Ibanez it'll be a bit more annoying to change your tuning. And the neck "fits?" my hand better. I don't feel like I am holding this wide neck with Wizard necks. If your budget is extremely high get the Petrucci Family Ball Reserve. That imo is my ultimate guitar.