I was just wondering, as I've never done a project before, how much you guys would think it would cost to make an Iceman with a Floyd Rose and probably Duncan Blackout Pickups (the pickups are subject to change though). I'd probably make it out of mahogany, and was wondering if anyone could just give me an estimate of the cost? Thanks.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
depends...if you would have to buy tools as well it would cost a whole bunch more.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by theskyline
Assuming you have the tools, I would save up about 500 bucks just to be safe.

500 bucks seems off a bit tbh. The only things I know are the prices of the Floyd Rose and the pickups, and that already was around 300-400.

And yeah, I think the only thing I'd have to buy are the soldering gear for the wiring of the pickups, but that's easy enough to obtain.
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
depends on how good of a shopper you are, and where your gear is bran new or used. it could auctlly be done very cheaply, it all just depends on how well you shop and what your using, id say for you 600-800
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
depends on how good of a shopper you are, and where your gear is bran new or used. it could auctlly be done very cheaply, it all just depends on how well you shop and what your using, id say for you 600-800

You mean 600-800 bucks making the guitar completely for scratch? Really? Wow, ,that's a whole lot better a cost than I thought it would be. Any suggestions of where I can find some good deals to keep the costs low, but still get quality parts?
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Quote by Mlrc
You mean 600-800 bucks making the guitar completely for scratch? Really? Wow, ,that's a whole lot better a cost than I thought it would be. Any suggestions of where I can find some good deals to keep the costs low, but still get quality parts?

yea, it can be done, and well i can give you some links, but im quite bored, so you wanna give me a list of the parts to be used, and ill go shopping away and ill PM you what i found

EDIT: do you have aim? if so give me your sn
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
yea, it can be done, and well i can give you some links, but im quite bored, so you wanna give me a list of the parts to be used, and ill go shopping away and ill PM you what i found

EDIT: do you have aim? if so give me your sn

I left you a PM =P
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Quote by Mlrc
500 bucks seems off a bit tbh. The only things I know are the prices of the Floyd Rose and the pickups, and that already was around 300-400.

And yeah, I think the only thing I'd have to buy are the soldering gear for the wiring of the pickups, but that's easy enough to obtain.

My bad, I had no clue how much Floyd Roses cost, and didn't bother looking up the price of the pickups.
Quote by theskyline
My bad, I had no clue how much Floyd Roses cost, and didn't bother looking up the price of the pickups.

Ha, it's ok. I'm going to assume everything together is 500 plus the cost of the FR and pups =P
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
HEY! You want a slab of mahogany? Talk to LPaddict, he had like 5 or 6, maybe he still does!

He's sellin them dirt cheap too.

If you get an OFR it could be 200 +, but a good LFR maybe 150.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.