and could put it back safely (on my epiphone les paul special 2)
sorry if this is not in the right formun page
i need help please

and how would i know if my bridge is adjusted right and if my truss rod is adjusted right too
The only way to get them off is to pull and hope that you don't break it. They are on a splined shaft and don't usually like to come off. I took the knobs off of my g400 and wound up chipping 2 of the 4. I didn't mind, because I was replacing them anyway, but for you i would suggest a terry cloth around a screwdriver and lightly pry from side to opposite side, but make sure you have a thick enough pad around the screwdriver or you will hurt your finish pretty bad.

You can tell if the bridge is adjusted correctly if the notes played 12 frets away on a string are perfect octaves (google setting intonation) and the height feels good to you without string buzz. The truss rod on the other hand is okay if your neck is strait. If it's not, I'd take it to a professional
Last edited by what?? at Aug 13, 2008,
Either pull them off with your hands, or take an old shirt and wrap it around the knob, then pull. To put it back on, push it back on to the pot. shaft.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by what??
The only way to get them off is to pull and hope that you don't break it. They are on a splined shaft and don't usually like to come off. I took the knobs off of my g400 and wound up chipping 2 of the 4. I didn't mind, because I was replacing them anyway, but for you i would suggest a terry cloth around a screwdriver and lightly pry from side to opposite side, but make sure you have a thick enough pad around the screwdriver or you will hurt your finish pretty bad.

well i saw on youtube that a guy got like this tape looking thing, he wrapped it around it and puuled it , will that mess anything up?
not if it doesn't press against the finish with anything harder than plastic or with too much pressure
link?
Quote by what??
not if it doesn't press against the finish with anything harder than plastic or with too much pressure
link?

ok thank
and i was wondering if you know anything about bridge and truss rod adjusting??
Quote by phizz.ed
ok thank
and i was wondering if you know anything about bridge and truss rod adjusting??

check my first post, I edited it a little bit ago. Also, if you are worried about it, take it to a pro. It usually doesn't cost much to have them set it up and it will play much better. They can usually do it while you wait, my favorite music shop can anyway.
Last edited by what?? at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by what??
check my first post, I edited it a little bit ago. Also, if you are worried about it, take it to a pro. It usually doesn't cost much to have them set it up and it will play much better. They can usually do it while you wait, my favorite music shop can anyway.

thank
but for the truss rod, ive heard that the truss rod has to be a little curved is that true?
Quote by phizz.ed
thank
but for the truss rod, ive heard that the truss rod has to be a little curved is that true?

Yeah, there has to be a small amount of neck relief, always, or it would just warp eventually.

How much relief is the player's preference, and how much relief it takes to stop fret buzz.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.