I'm currently dropping out of college due to a sum total of a number of things (money, grades we're okay, but still below what i should be getting). I'm probably going to join the Coast Guard. I'd like to do their rescue swimmers program, but I'll wait to join until i figure out the pipeline for that. This isn't a spur of the moment decision, i did contemplate it before my year of college.

So anyone have advice for me? I heard to never admit an ability to type or cook.
good luck. you can always go back to college after your service and have the military pay for it.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
I'm currently dropping out of college due to a sum total of a number of things (money, grades we're okay, but still below what i should be getting). I'm probably going to join the Coast Guard. I'd like to do their rescue swimmers program, but I'll wait to join until i figure out the pipeline for that. This isn't a spur of the moment decision, i did contemplate it before my year of college.

So anyone have advice for me? I heard to never admit an ability to type or cook.
I recommend not dying.

Good luck, I hope you stay safe
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Good luck, dont die, etc, etc.......

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by DaveGilmour1189

Exactly.
Dude seriously

Before leaving , be sure to build this:

1:Print this
2:Build it
3:????
4:Profit!
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
I heard to never admit an ability to type or cook or have invincibility

fixed, dont go frontline! haha
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by metaldud536
In the coast guard? His chances of dying are slim.

a large reason i'm joining the coast guard

although i should mention CG cutters and personel are in the persian gulf doing water security. A speedboat suicide bomber DID detonate near a Coast Guard speedboat sized crash and killed 3 last year.
KevC4 ^ If it doesn't float, it's useless.
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
a large reason i'm joining the coast guard

although i should mention CG cutters and personel are in the persian gulf doing water security. A speedboat suicide bomber DID detonate near a Coast Guard speedboat sized crash and killed 3 last year.

Honestly I would prefer if you joined the Coast Guard. The other branches are fighting, in my opinion, a meaning less war. But hey, you gotta finish what you started right?
Last edited by metaldud536 at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by NorCalLos
Is the Coast Guard putting together a cook book?

no, admitting an ability to type is a first class ticket to a clerk/secretary job. Admitting cooking competence puts you an a KP assignment. Or so i'm told by a buddy in the marines.
I was gonna say if you get bored you can build sandcastles....but you're joining the Coast Guard so nevermind.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Is marine training anything like how they portray it in Full Metal Jacket?
Quote by Tw1zzler
Is marine training anything like how they portray it in Full Metal Jacket?

'WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION PRIVATE PILE?!?'
Remember to kill an Easterner in the name of the Pit!
ohai little sig.
Quote by metaldud536
In the coast guard? His chances of dying are slim.
Well, to be honest. I was just being courteous, I didn't read the thread.

I'm a little tired of everyone posting their life decisions and their dead pets memories on UG like we're going to support them or commend them for their decisions.

*Awaits flames*
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by kevC4
Dude seriously

Before leaving , be sure to build this:

1:Print this
2:Build it
3:????
4:Profit!

I so want to build that.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before