Yes, it appears I have come to a crossroads of sorts. I have a 2006 Gibson Les Paul, 1960 reissue in vintage sunburst with all the original hardware. Its a great guitar, and I love the tone, but it just doesn't have many of the features I now want, as my musical tastes have changed. It will fetch quite a lot of money if I auction it off, on the fact that it has been signed by Les Paul, and I have proof of that to back up the claim. But at this time, I need some advice.

My thinking is that I should wait a year or so after Les Paul kicks the bucket, and then sell it for a hefty sum and get the best guitar for my tastes with the money I recieve, or keep it, and update all of its hardware and everything else, OR, finally option; just get enough money to buy the guitar that I want, instead of selling off the Gibson. That will take a long time though, as I am not yet through high school and dont get paid very much for any of the work that I do.

I hope you can help me. Its a hard decision to make, as I love this guitar more than ive loved some girlfriends It will be a shame to see it go, but it just doesnt suit me right now.

Thanks!
Sell your soul to the devil and challenge jack butler to a guitar duel ...oh wait.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

i would keep the les paul as it is and just save up enough money for a new guitar, if it was me i would regret selling it. Also if you keep it with all the original hardware it may be worth a lot more in the future.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
If you keep it Les Paul will live another 10-20 years, but if you sell it he will die moments after.

Sods law my friend, sods law.
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
Yeah, thats what I'm thinking. But with the money from this guitar, it would help me buy many other things i desperatly need right now. I just love it like my child, and i would regret selling it, but it would really help me in my musical career, and it would be a great way of putting it to rest if i did.
Wait, wait, is it a Gibson les paul classic (which is 1960 spec) or a Gibson R0 (the custom shop VOS model)?
Gibson classic, 2006. 1960 specs, like you said. Its not custom shop, its just a gibson standard 1960 reissue
KEEP IT ALL
**** what a dumb question, buy a locking bulletproof, tamper proof, fire proof display case and show that ****er off
never sell it
If I had that it would be in a fire/bullet/batman/superman broof glass box hanging on my wall.

Just save up for the guitar you want, don't get rid of something that you love alot just becuase you don't need it RIGHT NOW.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
Just save up for the guitar you want, don't get rid of something that you love alot just becuase you don't need it RIGHT NOW.

I would have to agree. From what you have said, if nothing else, I don't think you would get over the regret of getting rid of it. It obviously means a lot to you. You can save up money to get another guitar and nuts to how long it takes, my friend.
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
Last edited by Liberchaotica at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by I am wet
If I had that it would be in a fire/bullet/batman/superman broof glass box hanging on my wall.

I gotta agree with this one. Selling a guitar you have an attachment to, especially this one, just to get another isn't worth it.

My vote goes for keeping it and saving for the new one, it'd be worth it to keep the Les Paul. Hell, I'm not a Les paul fan but I wouldn't give that guitar up if it was mine

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

Save up for a new guitar. Milk B-days, x-mas, and other holidays for cash rather than gifts. Buy something you'll like, then keep the LP in a case, only taking it out once every few months to restring and clean, and do a bit of maintenance. In a few years, that guitar will be worth so much you'll **** your pants if it's signed by LP, he's died, and it's (near) mint.
Quote by edusty2010
Save up for a new guitar. Milk B-days, x-mas, and other holidays for cash rather than gifts. Buy something you'll like, then keep the LP in a case, only taking it out once every few months to restring and clean, and do a bit of maintenance. In a few years, that guitar will be worth so much you'll **** your pants if it's signed by LP, he's died, and it's (near) mint.

So true man, so true

TS Do this and when u go to college put that ****er in a bank vault in a Fire/Water/Bomb/superman/batman/spider man/Russian (since they are invading georgia u cant trust em)/ and bribed bank security guard proof case.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Hah, alright, I get the point. Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.
I'd keep it but I'd save up for a new one, Les Paul looks like he's never gonna die, the guy just keeps on goin!