Page 1 of 4
no they're pretty recognized.

and i guess you've completely missed the screamo thread

last city is full of ****ing win though
Quote by aggiefan33
no they're pretty recognized.

and i guess you've completely missed the screamo thread

last city is full of ****ing win though

Honestly, I rarely go near it. Its pretty lame that screamo has ONE THREAD, not a whole forum.
coming to terms with an inevitable death.
I don't usually venture into screamo but I like this band.
The guitars quite entertaining as is the vocals
Quote by Aveks
Honestly, I rarely go near it. Its pretty lame that screamo has ONE THREAD, not a whole forum.

yeah, but considering that 90% of screamo discussion on UG is in there you should at least read through some of it.

and we started an offsite board, too.
really good screamo
Quote by tomohawkjoe
You guys do realize that this
moved in any position isn't a tritone. There is only two tones in that chord, the root and the diminished fifth.

lol
if you like this band i'd suggest one of L'Antietam's albums called 'Family'. It's got the same kind of mathy, yet melodic vibe with amazing outros to like every song(especially Outro a safe one haha).
Quote by aggiefan33
Last City is about 18X better tbh

mhm. I just downloaded our LP Is Your EP and it's not that good.

Last City r00lz, though.
Quote by aggiefan33
yeah, but considering that 90% of screamo discussion on UG is in there you should at least read through some of it.

I went to the first page to check out the Recommendations a few times, but never really glanced over the discussion. I'll be sure to do that.
Last City is soooooo good. It's already one of my favourite albums of all time. They just do everything right, they got their mathy bits, their epic bits, their heavy bits and I'm a big fan of higher pitched screaming in general.

Our LP... is a great album too, but it doesn't touch Last City. There's not a lot that would actually.
Last City is epic win.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Worn Path and Armor from their myspace are both really good.
Time for me to check out the rest of album. :]
myspace | last.fm
Americans used to roar like lions for liberty,
Now we bleat like sheep for security.
the mathy beggining of worn path is one of my favorite screamo riffs ever
Quote by tomohawkjoe
You guys do realize that this
moved in any position isn't a tritone. There is only two tones in that chord, the root and the diminished fifth.

lol
Cool stuff, I think maybe I'll visit the screamo thread if their are any more bands like this
Gah, why would you guys put this band on here... same with L'Antietam. I'd rather most of the idiots on these forums didn't know about these bands :0 Whats next, Single State of Man?
Quote by NeonTerror
Gah, why would you guys put this band on here... same with L'Antietam. I'd rather most of the idiots on these forums didn't know about these bands :0 Whats next, Single State of Man?

I hate people like you. Quite a bit.
Quote by NeonTerror

im in ur skramz, steeling ur lantietams!
Its alright you can hate me. These bands will neevr get mainstream popularity and I'm glad. Most people don't appreciate good music, instead they pray for The Jonas Brothers.
So you would RATHER people think Blessthefall and Escape the Fate are screamo than Loma Prieta?
You would RATHER the general public prefer The Jonas Brothers to Loma Prieta?

If these bands were mainstream, trust me there would be plenty of underground bands for you to listen to to make you cool.
Yes, I would. If people want to be ignorant, go ahead. There are the majority of us who actually try and find good bands. All the bands I know I've searched hard for, and it really pays off because they are all amazing bands. I know my post above sounded really stupid, but there is a reason music is mainstream, and most of the reasons I dislike. Not because of their listeners but because of the musical attributes. I prefer Brain Drill then Tool, MK-ULTRA then Dropkick Murphys, Katalepsy to Lamb of God and so on. I don't care how famous or unfamiliar a band is, I listen to them because they sound great and no other reason.
Quote by NeonTerror
Yes, I would. If people want to be ignorant, go ahead. There are the majority of us who actually try and find good bands. All the bands I know I've searched hard for, and it really pays off because they are all amazing bands. I know my post above sounded really stupid, but there is a reason music is mainstream, and most of the reasons I dislike. Not because of their listeners but because of the musical attributes. I prefer Brain Drill then Tool, MK-ULTRA then Dropkick Murphys, Katalepsy to Lamb of God and so on. I don't care how famous or unfamiliar a band is, I listen to them because they sound great and no other reason.

I'm an elitist faggot, but really, dude. You're pushing it.

Bands don't make music JUST FOR YOU, so that only you can enjoy it. Music is made to spread the crippling amounts of emotion and the knowledge in a song, that can't be translated in mere words or transcribed in books. Bands make music to share their message with as many people as possible, and you're doing them no favors by acting like a fucking hipster idiot who wants to listen to the most underground music to up his cool points.

Music has changed my life in many ways, inspiring me and helping me overcome obstacles I've faced. Nothing is better consolation than a melodic uplifting guitar. Nothing is a better vent than a crushing riff and heavy bass line. Nothing sounds more true than when a singer screams his heart into a mic, shedding his fear, his anxiety, his anger, and putting forth his experiences, his passion and his desire for change.

If you really feel its okay to deny anyone of these feelings, just because you want your favorite band to stay "unknown", all I have to say is fuck you.
Quote by Aveks
Music has changed my life in many ways, inspiring me and helping me overcome obstacles I've faced. Nothing is better consolation than a melodic uplifting guitar. Nothing is a better vent than a crushing riff and heavy bass line. Nothing sounds more true than when a singer screams his heart into a mic, shedding his fear, his anxiety, his anger, and putting forth his experiences, his passion and his desire for change.

cheesy as hell, but so true
Page 1 of 4