for fans of minus the bear, the appleseedcast, Explosions in the sky, brand new. the beatles and led zepplin

we finally got a good recording up.
please check the whole song all the way through, lots of stuff going on in the middle and at the end.

www.myspace.com/fightinghaysi
Last edited by Peytonnn at Aug 14, 2008,
Sounds really good man, the recording was very very good quality not to mention the style and vox were great.
Quote by n8byte
Sounds really good man, the recording was very very good quality not to mention the style and vox were great.

appreciate it!
tell some of your friends?
hah
Quote by goldmember1217
I quite liked that.

should have another song up soon.
our next song is going to sound killlller
Quote by Peytonnn
should have another song up soon.
our next song is going to sound killlller

by soon, i mean around a week
Quote by eaton1012
Sounds great!
Too bad your in Tennessee, I wanna see the show.
Where can I download ???

that is just the first track off our debut ep coming up.

give us to the end of august, then you can get the whole demo

our other songs are going to sound killer.
this song will just seem like childs play compared to a couple of the others
Quote by Peytonnn
that is just the first track off our debut ep coming up.

give us to the end of august, then you can get the whole demo

our other songs are going to sound killer.
this song will just seem like childs play compared to a couple of the others

Dude!
Can't Wait to hear the other songs!
Quote by eaton1012
Dude!
Can't Wait to hear the other songs!

i keep this updated with each new song
I am really quite impressed. As I listened to "AyeMarcos" I could hear all the influences you listed in the song and I think you did a decent job of blending the sounds of those bands together. Unfortunately, that seems like a daunting task and there are points where the song seems cluttered.

The first reason that things may sound cluttered is due to the way that the tracks are mixed together. If, for example, the first guitar is playing softly during the verse but loudly during the chorus and you turn it up it will be louder in both the verse and the chorus and therefore it may be overpowering during the chorus. I recommend experimenting to see if you can fix this cluttered sound.

The second reason, which is simpler in my opinion, is that you might just have too many things happening at once. The simple remedy is to completely remove the seventh guitar track (I'm teasing - I don't think there are really seven guitar tracks). The other options is to simplify what each instrument is doing to create a sound that blends together more.

Once you get things to sound more crisp and clear I think the song will sound a lot better, but it still sounds good as it is. I look forward to hearing some more stuff from you guys so keep me updated. If you've got a few minutes to spare take a quick listen to some of my tunes and let me know what you think. http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914968
Quote by Tsunoyukami
I am really quite impressed. As I listened to "AyeMarcos" I could hear all the influences you listed in the song and I think you did a decent job of blending the sounds of those bands together. Unfortunately, that seems like a daunting task and there are points where the song seems cluttered.

The first reason that things may sound cluttered is due to the way that the tracks are mixed together. If, for example, the first guitar is playing softly during the verse but loudly during the chorus and you turn it up it will be louder in both the verse and the chorus and therefore it may be overpowering during the chorus. I recommend experimenting to see if you can fix this cluttered sound.

The second reason, which is simpler in my opinion, is that you might just have too many things happening at once. The simple remedy is to completely remove the seventh guitar track (I'm teasing - I don't think there are really seven guitar tracks). The other options is to simplify what each instrument is doing to create a sound that blends together more.

Once you get things to sound more crisp and clear I think the song will sound a lot better, but it still sounds good as it is. I look forward to hearing some more stuff from you guys so keep me updated. If you've got a few minutes to spare take a quick listen to some of my tunes and let me know what you think. http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914968

thanks a lot man for taking the time to listen and give some advice.
much appreciated.
Quote by prouders
Nice. A healthy amount of profile views too

thank you
tell all your friends
Quote by prouders
Nice. A healthy amount of profile views too

thank you
tell all your friends
Y'all are awesome, Are you in Bristol VA or Tennessee though? Because the profile says Bristol but all your shows are in Tennessee.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by Peytonnn
for fans of minus the bear, the appleseedcast, Explosions in the sky, brand new. the beatles and led zepplin

we finally got a good recording up.
please check the whole song all the way through, lots of stuff going on in the middle and at the end.

I am a pretty big fan of MTB, Explosions, the Beatles, and above all, Led Zeppelin. I was very impressed with the way you drew from these influences without rippin off any one band's style. The more creative the better is how I look at it, and you guys do a pretty damn good job.
If you want to hear some interesting music with a more hard rock/metal sound check out my band, Pig Children, through the link in my sig.
Quote by PunkRocker33133
Y'all are awesome, Are you in Bristol VA or Tennessee though? Because the profile says Bristol but all your shows are in Tennessee.

Bristol Virginia, but most of our shows are in TN because it's easier to book there.

and i appreciate the nice comments PCbassist, i will check your band out when i get home from campus.

we will have a new track up before labor day. it's definitely the best music that i think me or anyone in my band has ever written.
it's a concept song about being lost in ecuador.
just a heads up.
NEW TRACK UP

song entitled "ecuador"

listen to it with headphones and the lightsoff, imagining a man lost in ecuador.

and let me know what you think

(hear it all the way through)
Last edited by Peytonnn at Aug 30, 2008,