Before I continue playing blues-rock,I would like to know the Pit's opinion on it;like has it been beaten to death to many times. I would like to know where to take my next step in my playing.

I don't want to post this in the bands forum,because they are all fans of the genre,and I need everybodies opinion.
meh
You play whatever the hell you want.

Ignore what anyone else says(I mean, you know, except me).
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
the blues is so overrated. so many people i know use "feeling" and the "the blues" as an excuse for not learning how to break out of their box.

plus, it's really trendy at the moment; you'll stand out by avoiding it.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
No, I just want to know everyones opinion,as I was thinking of branching out more before I become 1 demionsional.
meh
make it your own, and it wont matter what you play. if you have fun, people can tell and hear your enjoying your music, and they can enjoy it with you.
G-5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--6--6--7--7--6--5--5--5--5

And then write a rap song on top of that. Evolve your Karvid-given style from there.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Lin
the blues is so overrated. so many people i know use "feeling" and the "the blues" as an excuse for not learning how to break out of their box.

+1000000
Quote by Lin

And if you enjoy playing it?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Just try and take it new directions. We have enough blues rock. We could do with more, but you should try and take the genre in a new direction.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by Lin

If anything is trendy, it's metal. Everyone and their dog (literally) has a metal band now.
Quote by Steve The Plank
I don't care what music you like, just play stoner rock.

+1
And make it good.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by Just Andrew
You play whatever the hell you want.

Ignore what anyone else says(I mean, you know, except me).

basically what he said accept replace his me with you
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Play what you want. I like blues. Its fun to play.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by F8iscruel
basically what he said accept replace his me with you
I meant as in listening to that one and only response <_<.

If everyone listened to me, we would have some problems.
Quote by Teh Forest King
Quote by RPGoof

If anything is trendy, it's metal. Everyone and their dog (literally) has a metal band now.

+1
Quote by Lin

that is extremely ignorant. just because someone would rather focus on melody instead of how many notes per second they can play, it is overrated? and blues rock is trendy? name one person/band that plays it currently and has not been around for decades
Listen to some jazz and fusion, and apply what you learn to your blues playing. Makes blues lines a hell of a lot more interesting.

....Barring that, however, I second the "play f*cking stoner rock" motion. Because if you can't play blues, play blues for a red sun.
Quote by Karvid
G-5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--6--6--7--7--6--5--5--5--5

And then write a rap song on top of that. Evolve your Karvid-given style from there.

lol... i actually wrote a hip hop/funk song with a bass line very similar to that for my band. but its on the A string and has open A's thrown between some of the 5's and 7's.... funny cause i did it as a joke and it kinda is a crowd pleaser.
don't play the blues or blues rock period. the blues is the most overrated genre EVER and is not even challenging to play. you'll end up being stuck in the pentatonic rut like most guitarists. play whatever feels right to you, but challenge yourself! don't make the same mistake that I did. I started playing blues and pentatonic **** all the time and I was stuck in the pentatonic box rut for the longest time. Now when I write a guitar solo, I go out of my way not to play in the box and play through different scales and modes. trust me, being stuck in the pentatonic box rut sucks.
Quote by dirtydeeds123
don't play the blues or blues rock period. the blues is the most overrated genre EVER and is not even challenging to play. you'll end up being stuck in the pentatonic rut like most guitarists. play whatever feels right to you, but challenge yourself! don't make the same mistake that I did. I started playing blues and pentatonic **** all the time and I was stuck in the pentatonic box rut for the longest time. Now when I write a guitar solo, I go out of my way not to play in the box and play through different scales and modes. trust me, being stuck in the pentatonic box rut sucks.

really?what should I try that's not shred?
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
really?what should I try that's not shred?

why don't you try some jazz?
Quote by dirtydeeds123
why don't you try some jazz?

Wheres a good place to start,like a good artist?
meh
Quote by dirtydeeds123

There's more to blues than pentatonic scales, you're just apparently not smart enought to know that. I still vote you just play what you want and don't bother with labelling it.
Quote by dirtydeeds123

if you dont **** your guitar while doing it. you can jump all over the neck and not get suck "in the box". just cause it isnt as challenging to play as shred, dosnt mean its any worse. it takes more than technical playing to play good. simple is better alot of the time. close your eyes and get stoned/drunk/whathaveyou and see what noise you can make from a pentatonic. i bet it will get you laid.
Quote by get ta led out!
Wheres a good place to start,like a good artist?

miles davis, herbie handcock, soullive(for newer jazz), type those into youtube and just follow similar videos. some of it can seem as though it drags out, but if you like jazz, you'll love long improv over simple riffs and beats. jazz is about feel... its a tough style to get into if your looking for something fast and in your face.
Check out players like Matt Schofield, Robin Trower, John Schofield, Scott Henderson. They're jazzy blues-rock players that play through modes. Use the damn pentatonic scale, it ain't illegal and it ain't simple if you can take it further than the same Albert King licks. Over Am7, you can play an A minor pentatonic, B minor pen., E minor pen, F# Locrian, etc. The blues is universal. It ain't boring if you don't want it to be. Just sometimes it seems boring 'cause people play it the same. Do something different, like Hendrix did. Or David Gilmour. Or the aformentioned other guys.
Quote by Just Andrew
I meant as in listening to that one and only response <_<.

If everyone listened to me, we would have some problems.

well you have some followers as i see in your sig, and i just meant i agreed with someof what you wrote and was to lazy to type it
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Actually jazzy, chiller stoner rock with Kyuss-explosions and Stones-y grooves could be interesting.
i just figured out im not a fan of jazz.... I just had a thought:blues....metal?...punk blues?Like fast strong riffs with a good crunch and a blues based solo? Like Green Day except muchmuch better?
meh
Quote by chris024
if you dont **** your guitar while doing it. you can jump all over the neck and not get suck "in the box". just cause it isnt as challenging to play as shred, dosnt mean its any worse. it takes more than technical playing to play good. simple is better alot of the time. close your eyes and get stoned/drunk/whathaveyou and see what noise you can make from a pentatonic. i bet it will get you laid.

He didn't mention shred. Neither did the other guy that said the blues was overrated.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
I don't think you can make blues punk. Punk is the absence of harmony played really ****ing loud to stick it to the man, or in these days, to be emo and get rich because you can't play real music.

(In case you can't tell, I don't like punk). Play whatever you want. Seriously though, learning some jazz stuff fitts in real well with blues playing.

And stoner rock ftw