So, I was listening to a Power Tab midi of Hit The Floor by Linkin Park, and leaned into my computer to type, with my guitar still on, and suddenly, the sound of the midi came through my amp.

If it makes a difference, I'm running on heavy gain from a Fender M-80 amp, with an Ibanez GRX20L with Powersound 1 and Powersound 2 pickups.

Has this happened to anyone before?
Is this dangerous for my guitar or my amp?
Is this dangerous for my computer?
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Last edited by Justice4AllOne at Aug 13, 2008,
without a more complete description of what happened i'd say the oscillating frequencies of what was being played through your pc speakers matched the resonant frequencies of your strings. ie, your pc speakers were loud enough to drive your strings. i don't think its dangerous.
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
i probably would have sh*t my pants. i dont think that's ever happened to me before.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
It works with MP3s too O_o

I heard Mike Shinoda singing throught my M-80 and freaked.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Well it's not unheard of.
Chances are it's like what Gazaa said. It's happened to me as well. I've gotten my voice into my pickups.

But yeah Paul Gilbert would even scream into his pickups. So yeah people experiment with it as well.
My EMGs pickup a local radio station somtimes, its very strange (its a country station too so it kind of sucks). High powered pickups just do weird things, its nothing to be worried about.
Hah, well, my question is answered :P
Thanks guys.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Yeah it wolnt kill ur gear but i can get the local news radio on my rig and it scares the **** out of me every time it happens lol
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS