Hey, i have a H&K trilogy amp, but it sounds really fizzy and thin, with little bass
I have my eq setup fine, and have even set it so there is barely any treble and lots of bass but i still have the problem. The presence is also on dark, so that cant be it.

Im running it through a 1960a so the cab isnt the problem, and im using multiple guitars
so not that either.

However when i bought it (used) he had never changed the tubes, and its about 3 years old
So could it be that i need new tubes? or a boost like a tubesreamer?

any help would be great.
thanks.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Jackson DXMG
ENGL Fireball E635 100
Peavey JSX
Orange 4x12
G-Major
BBE Green Screamer
adjust the tone on your guitar. I've found that makes a huge different. And really, if you are lacking bass, add some.
Maybe an eq pedal
Quote by injected
why don't you crank that baby(LOUD) and let it sing

then judge it

Exactly. HK amps get their full tone from the power tubes. If you still have the same problem with the master around 6, try a good EQ.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Does this happen to all tube amps or what? I find I get the same problem with my Trilogy, but the problem I have is that it's too fizzy. I have the EQ set up pretty well, or so I would think. Do you really need to have the amp cranked up loud everytime you want good tone? I find that hard to believe with a high gain tube amp... but then I'm not exactly an expert on tube amps.

Also, could an attenuator be used to crank it up louder and therefore get better tone?
Quote by digger35
Does this happen to all tube amps or what? I find I get the same problem with my Trilogy, but the problem I have is that it's too fizzy. I have the EQ set up pretty well, or so I would think. Do you really need to have the amp cranked up loud everytime you want good tone? I find that hard to believe with a high gain tube amp... but then I'm not exactly an expert on tube amps.

Also, could an attenuator be used to crank it up louder and therefore get better tone?

Dude tha is the whole appeal of tube amps, the louder they are, the sweeter they get! Playing a tube amp at low levels is not where the amp is good. A solid-state is better for low volume practice. yes an attenuator could be used but I think the Trilogy is probably too much wattage for your needs.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I'm not just playing it at home, I will be playing it at gigs etc. but it just sucks that I can't get a sweet tone out of it at low volumes...
Quote by digger35
I'm not just playing it at home, I will be playing it at gigs etc. but it just sucks that I can't get a sweet tone out of it at low volumes...

I know, I practice at home about 3 mights a week when I don't have practice or am not gigging, and I hate not cranking my Rockerverb, pisses off the neighbours when I do.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM