Poll: Band or Recreational Player?
Poll Options
View poll results: Band or Recreational Player?
Band
37 36%
Recreational Player
56 55%
what's UG?
9 9%
Voters: 102.
I was just wondering, how many of us UG'ers are in bands, and how many just play with themselves (no pun intended) or with a friend occasionally.

i am in a band (myspace link is in my sig )
I'm recreational... but soon to be band with my cousin, brother, and my friend.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Me and a few guys are trying to get somthing going, but for now I'm just recreational i suppose.
Quote by cobain_is_king
He likes Linkin Park, he must be a paedophile.

Justice Is Lost
Justice Is Raped
Justice Is Gone
Pulling Your Strings
Justice Is Done
Seeking No Truth
Winning Is All
Find it So Grim
So True
So Real
Quote by mobious128
Me and a few guys are trying to get somthing going, but for now I'm just recreational i suppose.

This
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by mobious128

yeh im same. workin on prog stuff with a mate of mine.

if u wanna have a listen to our first ideas, theres a link to the page on my profile...

'p.t prog inc' - thats our page, its on my friends list.

we're using it to swap stuff round and keep a library of ideas to build songs from
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
I dont want to join a band until i can solo. No band that cant solo is worth listening to.
What is this 'UG' you speak of?

Recreational, but I hope to join a band someday.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
well, i waaaaaaaas in a band... until i decided i'd go to school and do something with my life.

now they're bitter.

but i'll have a bachelor of science, and eventually a PhD in chemistry =)
------

Shwiggity.
I've been trying to get a band together.. I mean, a few friends of mine jam every once in a while... but its been months since the last time. I want a band D:
Quote by mobious128

Same. We already have me, my other guitarist friend, and my bassist friend lined up, but our drummer friend is kind of reluctant to get in on it.
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
Quote by deftonesordie
well, i waaaaaaaas in a band... until i decided i'd go to school and do something with my life.

now they're bitter.

but i'll have a bachelor of science, and eventually a PhD in chemistry =)

dude you can still be in a band lol.

im studying to be an engineer, i go gym every day and still find time to rock out frequently. Weelends r spent having fun too!!

all time management my friend
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Im in two bands hardcore and classic rock, and its hard to balance the two. But being in a band greatest thing ever!
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
I'm just a recreational player right now. I've always wanted a band though, just to see what it's like. I don't plan on trying to make a career out of it though, considering how competitive it is.
Quote by red18420
I dont want to join a band until i can solo. No band that cant solo is worth listening to.

make sure you know rhythm and melodies too. no band without that is worth listening to. solos arnt as important as you think.... well depending on style of music.
Quote by bigtimmy
dude you can still be in a band lol.

im studying to be an engineer, i go gym every day and still find time to rock out frequently. Weelends r spent having fun too!!

all time management my friend

this.

i work 30 hrs a week, going to school getting my BS in economics, spend 2 hrs a day either running or doing some sort of sport or whathaveyou, have a semi-busy social life and still practice 2-4 days a week for hours. and gig once a week or so. granted ive been in school for 5.5 years but ive enjoyed every long year.
nice cover up to promote your band >:OOOO
jk
im in a band, but its still recreational.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Recreational.

I can't handle being in a band right now, I need to get a job and school, it would be too much for me. However, I would love to play rhythm and/or sing in a band sometime.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Currently in a metal band and a punk band. I play bass in both.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
I'm in a progressive/jam band.
We're working on getting some actual quality recordings up.
Working on forming a progressive death metal band, it's hard to find people

So recreational at the moment, but I wont be soon hopefully.........

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I play by myself. I just like playing guitar. If anyone asks me to join a band, then sure. But for now, I enjoy being solo.