My guitar teacher said I need to find a tab for a song and learn to play the song (doesn't have to be all just however much I can learn) so I was thinking of trying to learn a children of bodom song.

But it doesn't have to be, I want to learn any metal song but I would like to learn a CoB song.

I have been playing guitar for 2 months so keep that in mind, I know how to tap though.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
Blade of razors is pretty easy, banned from heaven is easy to a certain point.

Well no Bodom song is EASY but those are the most simple ones imo.
your kidding right?
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Blooddrunk
In Your Face
Bodom Beach Terror
Hate Crew Deathroll
Sixpounder
Ghost Riders in the Sky
LoBodomy
Hellhounds on My Trail
Banned From Heaven

hope this helps
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Last edited by MetalliKH-602 at Aug 13, 2008,
silent night bodom night but then it starts to get fast, or maybe bed of razors if you can play the lead part. AS the guy said above no bodom song is easy as such, some are easier than others but 2 months is a short time to be starting on bodom songs, unless you happen to be quite skilled.
Yeah they all seem pretty hard, alexi is a guitar god.

Any other metal songs that are easy? Something newish? I can play some old metal songs (sabbath, iron maiden, ect)
Gear
Quote by Copilot911

Any other metal songs that are easy? Something newish? I can play some old metal songs (sabbath, iron maiden, ect)

Iron man.
Of course I know iron main, thats why I said I can play the old metal songs already.
Gear
Quote by Ze_Metal
Symphony of destruction - Megadeth

Thanks, will look into it.
Gear
Quote by Copilot911

I sincerely hope your kidding. He's so overrated it hurts.

But yes, 2 months is too early to start on CoB songs.

First, learn some Metallica songs, Megadeth, and Judas Priest.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Burning_Angel
I sincerely hope your kidding. He's so overrated it hurts.

But yes, 2 months is too early to start on CoB songs.

First, learn some Metallica songs, Megadeth, and Judas Priest.

Well...he's not a "God" but he's pretty good. Even if he is overrated.
Quote by Ze_Metal
Well...he's not a "God" but he's pretty good. Even if he is overrated.

Certainly skilled, but come on... Anyone who can put him in the same sentence with Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Shawn Lane, Paul Gilbert, Rusty Cooley, Buckethead, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Mattias Eklundh, Bumblefoot, etc (I could go on)... Needs to have they're ears checked.

And then there's metal guitarists better than him... Jari Maenpaa, Jeff Loomis, Chris Broderick, Johan Reinholdz (Andromeda), Flemming Lund (The Arcane Order), Chuck Schuldiner, Paul Masvidal, Muhammed Suicmez, Ron Jarzombek.... (Off the top of my head... Given some time, there's a lot more).
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Aug 13, 2008,
CoB at 2 months? too hard.

try paranoid by black sabbath
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
I'd go with Hangar 18 by Megadeth if I were you. Not too too hard
Quote by Burning_Angel
Certainly skilled, but come on... Anyone who can put him in the same sentence with Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Shawn Lane, Paul Gilbert, Rusty Cooley, Buckethead, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Mattias Eklundh, Bumblefoot, etc (I could go on)... Needs to have they're ears checked.

And then there's metal guitarists better than him... Jari Maenpaa, Jeff Loomis, Chris Broderick, Johan Reinholdz (Andromeda), Flemming Lund (The Arcane Order), Chuck Schuldiner, Paul Masvidal, Muhammed Suicmez, Ron Jarzombek.... (Off the top of my head... Given some time, there's a lot more).

But you also need to remember, technical ability isn't everything. You know?
Of course I don't consider him close to the likes on vai, satch, buckethead, petrucci ect but he is still a great guitarist.
Gear
Quote by Ze_Metal
But you also need to remember, technical ability isn't everything. You know?

Oh, I know. I cant stand Petrucci, or most people that come off as wank fests. Paul Gilbert and Rusty I can understand, mostly technical but, Marty Friedman and Jason Becker, Shawn Lane, Mattias Eklundh... all are great when they slow down too. Chris Broderick plays jazz and classical better than any other metal guitarist I know... Ron Jarzombek is just effing crazy (Youtube -> Spastic Ink - A Wild Hare).

But I digress. Those are, in terms of technical skill, the best guitarists I know, and Alexi doesnt even come close.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
try N.I.B. by Black Sabbath
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.