Post some bands i (or someone else) can use for inspiration to write metal

i need some music (of pretty much any kind) so i, or someone else can use to write some metal guitar riffs.
between the buried and me, protest the hero, unearth, mastodon, evert time i die

fun times....
Children of Bodom
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
I'd say Dragonforce, but there's no way you can ever play like me.

You might be able to play some extreme epic speed power metal like me, but it won't be as awesome. No, it won't even be awesome.

Here's pic of true extreme epic speed power metal.
I AM THE HERMAN LI! BOW BEFORE MY SOLOS!
Last edited by TheHermanLi at Aug 13, 2008,
Quote by TheHermanLi
I'd say Dragonforce, but there's no way you can ever play like me.

You might be able to play some extreme epic speed power metal like me, but it won't be as awesome. No, it won't even be awesome.

Here's pic of true extreme epic speed power metal.

In all seriousness, though, why not just listen to some bands you like and be inspired by them?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Jesu
Pelican
ISIS
Neurosis
Rosetta
Mouth of the Architect
Cult of Luna
Intronaut

Do it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Opeth
Death
Marduk
Iron Maiden
Power Quest
Outworld
Finntroll
Evuleitie
Municipal Waste
Anthrax
D.R.I.
At The Gates.
Slayer
Crowbar
Agalloch
Judas Priest
Ozzy Osbourne
Kyuss
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
I will name 3 bands that are huge influence for me: Opeth, Mastodon, and Dream Theater.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
deaths pretty inspirational.. Megadeth, early In Flames, Marty Friedman's album Dragons Kiss.. i find that alot of acoustic songs are inspiring. this song pretty damn inspirational, metal or not its a well written song... and very fast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StHhwqZwIDs&eurl=http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/kinzoku/
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
CHUK SHULDINGER LOLOLOLOLOLO!!!

Fail thread is fail.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish

Fail thread is fail.

What about my post?

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by dead-fish

Fail thread is fail.

way to contribute.

useless..
Quote by Karl Sanders
Quote by fallenangel20
What about my post?

Eh, you're the only one that didn't post the obvious bands, and I like you, so you're ok.
But you still posted here
/hypocrisy

Quote by kinzoku
way to contribute.

useless..

Oh, you're right, next time I see such a useless thread that only serves as a place for people to say their favorite bands, I should totally join in on the fun, and contribute to the mindless, senseless and useless jabber! Good show, old fellow!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Quote by dead-fish
Eh, you're the only one that didn't post the obvious bands, and I like you, so you're ok.
/hypocrisy

haha

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by dead-fish
/hypocrisy

Oh, you're right, next time I see such a useless thread that only serves as a place for people to say their favorite bands, I should totally join in on the fun, and contribute to the mindless, senseless and useless jabber! Good show, old fellow!

true about people's favorite bands. i guess the guy should go to the recommendations thread... i get angry when people mock our lord schuldiner.
Quote by Karl Sanders
Quote by kinzoku
true about people's favorite bands. i guess the guy should go to the recommendations thread... i get angry when people mock our lord schuldiner.

According to recent psychiatric studies, it seems that a split personality disorder in the most literal, hollywood-ish sense of the word is actually non-existant, so who are you referring to by "our"?