Im sure sombody on here has put a Dimarzio super distortion in the neck position, so could sombody tell me how it sounds, i have a Dimarzio SD in the bridge position
go for a dual sound... it's the same DCR and the same specs but from what i understand it's made more for neck position.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
the Dual Sound was literally just a Super Distortion with 4 conductor wiring, but they all have that now so it's a bit moot. The SD isn't really a neck pickup, people like Paul Gilbert used to use it on account of it being the only high-output aftermarket pickup available but there's better options out there. What kind of tone are you looking to achieve?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well for the neck tone i was hoping to get a bassy tone but also i guess almost acoustic tone, an still be able to kick on the distortion an it still sound good
Quote by GeoffreySmis
well for the neck tone i was hoping to get a bassy tone but also i guess almost acoustic tone, an still be able to kick on the distortion an it still sound good

Hmmm....Breed or Air Norton I'm thinking but you're really looking for two opposite things. The Breed is more powerful with more midrange and a better match for the super, the Air Norton is perhaps a bit better for cleans. Neither will sound particualrly acoustic unfortunately, you'd want somethign like a Humbucker from Hell to get you closer to that but that's trebly. I get pretty good acousticy tones spliting the Air Norton with a middle single though, what guitar is it going in?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

its going in my custom V that i built. i dont know if this would make any difference or not but its made of Hondrus Mahongany it has a Fender american bridge an fender style neck
So mahogany body, fixed bridge and HH configuration...in that case I reckon you for something that'll match the SD and give you that warm bassy tone you want. Get a Breed installed with a series/parallel toggle to allow you to drop the output and boost the treble a little.

the Humbucker from Hell is great, but I've a feeling it'll do too much of one thing and not enough of the others, the Breed is the best all-round fit here.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 15, 2008,