hey guys. I'm looking for a new laptop this is the only place I can think of to look.

I'll use it for school and recording and some other stuff around the house.

I've been looking at the Dell inspirion 1525

my budget is about 850 USD. i looked at a macbook and liked it but ehh
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I'm a Windows user, but a Mac might be better for those kinds of things for that price.

However, getting that Dell with Finale would do just as good.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I bypass my soundcard and use an interface.

I just need a fast(ish) processer.

yurfinlfntsy I'm a windows user also and don't really like macs but know they're better for recording and production.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
It should be fine, as long as you aren't gaming. For recording, get a USB or firewire interface. Nobody has every explained how macs are better for recording. They have some of the same programs.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Aug 13, 2008,
No I don't game much

just old combat flighsims like CFS2 and 3 for all you out there that know what that is

I've been using Mbox but I'm thinking about going to usb
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
bump this really quick
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
sony vaio
or is it viao?
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
sony vaio
or is it viao?

I don't know which one it is, but either way I don't have 1100 dollars for one
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
DONT BUY DELL especially if you want it to perform well enough and long enough for recording (its best to have a separate comp for that anyway)
I've never had a problem with dell since 2002 I've always liked em and it'll be for minor recording anyways I plan on buying a desktop in the future
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Steve The Plank
If you're gonna be recording, take into mind you'll need a sound card too (and I don't mean the one built into the computer).
I'd recommend saving for a Macbook Pro, but whatever.

macbook pro isnt worth it you are better getting a macbook with an external 10000rpm HDD firewire for loading sounds
Quote by skeptopotamus
DONT BUY DELL especially if you want it to perform well enough and long enough for recording (its best to have a separate comp for that anyway)

I've been buying Dells for 10 years now...I haven't had any problems with them
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I've been buying Dells for 10 years now...I haven't had any problems with them

same with me.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I've never really looked at HP much so I'll take a look
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
darn it all bump
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
danke that was helpful
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
macbook air anyone? just a suggestion.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.