ok so how do ppl do those really high piched pinch harmonics. does it have to be on a high string and do you need a tremolo? ex: lots of august burns red stuff
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
You do no need a trem to do pinch harmonics. Zakk Wylde does loads of em, and so does Claudio Sanchez, and neither of them use trem-equipped guitars. They do, however, have hi-gain amps and active pickups, so they are easier to hear, but its more in technique than equipment.
well to do dimebag darrell squeals you need a tremolo but for plain pinchs no you dont.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by caskettheclown
there are different places on the string to "pinch" that are better than others.

which ones are good? my pinch harmonics are usually lower and i end up havin to turn my hand almost perpendicular to the strings to get my thumb and pick in the right position to do them. i want those intense high pinches. like at the beginning of the bridge to killswitches holy diver.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
well i like the 3 4 5 strings at the 2,3,5,7,9,and 14/15th frets

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
well i like the 3 4 5 strings at the 2,3,5,7,9,and 14/15th frets

thats just the fretting. i'm asking about where to pinch.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by NSHSpolevault
thats just the fretting. i'm asking about where to pinch.

That varies on every harmonic, you just have to find the spot yourself. But different spots give different pitches of harmonic.
and it aslo varies from guitar to guitar but when on the bridge p/up it is generally around 1-2 inches behind the neck p/up

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life