I realize music is about creativity, bla bla bla. This is a musicians forum and I have a music theory question. I just started studying this stuff several days ago. Never written music before. I like playing minor chords and scales because Mozart used them a lot for his darker music and I think they sound bad-ass.

Anyway, say I'm playing a Gminor to Dminor barre chord intro and verse. If I record this and lay down a lead track using only the natural g-minor scale, would it sound correct? I don't have a microphone at the moment to do any testing. I haven't really created a lead part yet, but here's what I have for my natural g-minor scale which I believe to be correct.

e|-------------------------------------3
b|-----------------------------3-4-6---
g|----------------------2-3-5----------
d|-----------------3-5-----------------
a|----------3-5-6--------------------
e|--3-5-6---------------------------

Just wondering if I'm sort of grasping this here. Thanks guys!
Absolutely. The G minor scale should sound just fine.
If it's a classical sound you're going for, you might replace that D minor chord with a D major chord. It is extremely common to use a major V chord in a minor key, as this offers a stronger resolution to the tonic. This is actually the origin of harmonic minor.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
If it's a classical sound you're going for, you might replace that D minor chord with a D major chord. It is extremely common to use a major V chord in a minor key, as this offers a stronger resolution to the tonic. This is actually the origin of harmonic minor.

I will give that a shot. I appreciate the fast response! Thanks!
Quote by Archeo Avis

im gonna try that when i write songs =]
thanks
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Even better try a V7 chord. Or the best way to resolve back to a minor chord is to have a V7alt. chord, for example D7b9 is awesome resolving back to G minor.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned