hi. one of my pickups seems to be sinking into my guitar, i cant think of another way to describe it, its only doing it on the left side and im wondering if this is something i can fix and if it means there is any damage to the pickup or the guitar itself. help is appreciated.
Yea, the screws on the left and right sides have springs in them so when you turn them it raises or lowers the pickup
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Classic
Schecter C1-FR
Dean DW8 Backwoods 6-String Banjitar
Esteban Midnight Legacy [Its now a Fretless]
Luna Muse 12-String
Takamine Jasmine

Bass:
Dean Playmate

Amps:
Roland Cube 20-x
Traynor DynaGain 30R
Traynor Custom Valve 80
hi. one of my pickups seems to be sinking into my guitar, i cant think of another way to describe it, its only doing it on the left side and im wondering if this is something i can fix and if it means there is any damage to the pickup or the guitar itself. help is appreciated.

i think i have the same problem as you is it the bottom pickup? and is it emg pickups?

question for you guys does the adjust affect the tone at all? and is it bad that is like that?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
well distance pickups have from the strings obviously affects tone, but not HUGELY just tighten those screws and you will be fine
well distance pickups have from the strings obviously affects tone, but not HUGELY just tighten those screws and you will be fine

if i tighten the screw does it mean it pushes the pickup upward? or i have to untighten and that will push the pickup upward? and can the screw come off get stuck later on if i overtighten?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
The distance will decrease or increase the hotness of the pickup, how much output is going out.

..It doesn't really make a huge difference.
The distance will decrease or increase the hotness of the pickup, how much output is going out.

..It doesn't really make a huge difference.

i just got a screw driver and started messing with it and the pick up was raise

but got another question how the pickup should be positioned is there a picture you guys can show me for that or as long as the pickup is not sinking i shoulnt mess with it?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by Checker
It's not a Schecter is it?

yes it actually is a schecter. does that matter?
Quote by bologna121121
yes it actually is a schecter. does that matter?

Same thing happened to mine. Turns out it was a bad screw, so I replaced it. Happened again, replaced it again with a bigger screw to make it even tighter. Happened again. Now it's bolted on. It was something wrong with the pickup ring.

It might just be coincidence.

Try tightening the screw, and if that doesn't work use a nut and bolt it on.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/