I was thinkin about switchin out the bridge single coil pickup in my Johnson Strat (it's like a Squier, about the same quality) to a humbucker and I was curious as too which kind I should get. I play mostly older rock like AC/DC, Sabbath, Metallica, things like that and metal (lamb of god, killswitch engage, things like that). But i'll be using my Ibanez more for the metal and use this for more of the less heavy music I like to play. So which 'bucker would you guys suggest or should I stay with single coils and just upgrade with them?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think you're the only person on the planet who is worried about how mainstream muffins are.
well at the moment i only have a 15 watt practice amp that in my opinion and probably everyone elses sucks, so for the past year or two I've been plugging straight into my kickass sound system in my room.

EDIT: Okay cool I'll look into the SD Custom, how much does it run for?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think you're the only person on the planet who is worried about how mainstream muffins are.
Last edited by Metallica Fan21 at Aug 13, 2008,
Get a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail for it. It's a humbucker made to fit a single coil position
Quote by LukeBTH
Get a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail for it. It's a humbucker made to fit a single coil position

haha right before I read this I was lookin through my musicians friend catalouge and I saw the SD Hot Rails pickup in there and i thought "Hey that's what I should get!" so i think it's settled, a SD Hot Rail.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
i would get a hot rails they work wonders. my friends first guitar was a johnson strat copy, prob the same as yours, and he put a hot rails in it and it was dramatically improved
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
okay well thanks guys!
Quote by Jack Off Jill