Im getting into the pedal part of my dream rig (forget the amps havent gotten there yet). I was curious as to wat the difference between analog and digital is. I want an EQ, a reverb and a delay. I play metal I want a few popular suggestions and opinions, If ur a forum shark whos gonna come, say im an idiot, hate on my amps, and/or, start fights, GO AWAY!!! Thank you to the rest of you even if ur a tool, ur oppinion is much appreciated.
There is probably a technical explanition about transistors and tubes that I cant give you. The answer most applicapal to the guitarist reguarding effects is that usually( not always) analoge sounds warmer, truer, more organic, better. There are some digital effects that make a nice sound. However a pedal is only as good as the amp its going into. A sweet vintage anaolge tape delay will lose its sweetness through a modeling amp. In your situation, I recommend boss pedals to you. They sound good and are affordable, and will complement your gear well.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by maverick_137
Im getting into the pedal part of my dream rig (forget the amps havent gotten there yet). I was curious as to wat the difference between analog and digital is. I want an EQ, a reverb and a delay. I play metal I want a few popular suggestions and opinions, If ur a forum shark whos gonna come, say im an idiot, hate on my amps, and/or, start fights, GO AWAY!!! Thank you to the rest of you even if ur a tool, ur oppinion is much appreciated.

what you mean forget the amps i havent gotten there yet!? those should be the first thing on your list! how are you going to know what the real fx sound like through your good amp!? YOU WONT!

Amps are most of your tone, and honestly, my dream rig is so much more centred about my amps of godliness rather than little fx gizmos

Look into a better amplifier for your sake. You probably will not listen, however this is my opinion, and I'm trying to give you advice to help you.