this was my brothers first starter kit guitar, he never played it so gave it to me to mess with. took me a few days to sand it down to the bare wood. had a friend rout out a hole for a neck pickup. all that i really have left is to finish it. i want do something that will stand out and look sweet at the same time. nothing plain and boring like black.. or red.. or pink. anyone got any sweet ideas?

How about a black-and-white stripe job, or a red and white stripe job. Or, you could do something like one of the guitar players from Aiden did, and paint or tape a word on it, like he did.

EDIT: For a single-pickup guitar, wouldnt you wanna use the bridge pickup rout, not the neck one?
what kind of paint would you use to that i was think bout doin it but didn't know. and i think you should paint it white then either make it look bloody like you beat someone with it or maybe use a router to kinda shave the edges and paint them black or somethin like on the razorbacks
search online they have some SICK designs on there and ive seen the zebra its preety badass with the right colors
well not natural, plywood don't look too nice.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by qotsa1998
How about a black-and-white stripe job, or a red and white stripe job. Or, you could do something like one of the guitar players from Aiden did, and paint or tape a word on it, like he did.

EDIT: For a single-pickup guitar, wouldnt you wanna use the bridge pickup rout, not the neck one?

its not gunna be a single pickup. i dunno why he put it in there now. i have 2 pickups for it.
yes i know its plywood. ive spend a grand total of $0 so far so its not that big of a deal. and to be honest it sounds really good with just the one pickup in it.
You know you need to rout holes for other volume and tone knobs and the selector, unless you're just going to do two volume knobs, which probably wouldn't sound too nice
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Quote by strat212
You know you need to rout holes for other volume and tone knobs and the selector, unless you're just going to do two volume knobs, which probably wouldn't sound too nice

i always keep all my knobs at 10. it donest matter to me. im not looking to build the best guitar in the world. just something to play around with and keep me busy. just looking for some finish ideas is all.