Page 1 of 5
Whats the worst guitar you've ever played. By worse I mean, how bad was the sound, feel, and craftsmanship?

I think the worst guitar I've ever played was my friends squire strat that came in one of those amp packs. It just felt so cheap, the sound quality was weak, and the stock strings were all rusty and grimry. But I guess you get what you pay for.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Similar.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
my cousins very first guitar- a wal-mart first act

a plywood piece of sht
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
my friends 9 year old target les paul rip off

the strings have never been changed and the action is about a foot tall
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
My friend had a Yamaha strat knock-off. Just terrible...
My cousins guitar that his dad bought in India. The neck was horrible and warped.
my brothers beginners gibson guitar, its called a maestro or something lol. Anyway its horrible, the strings buzz bad, and it falls out of tune easy, plus horrible pickups =[
my friends first act was horrible, the neck felt like sandpaper
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
The guitars from the Sears stores for sure.
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
My friends acoustic from when he first started playing when he was like 5. I lol'd when he brought it out of his closet. 3 steel strings, 3 nylon, only like 15 frets, made of the cheapest wood I've ever seen, played like ****, wouldn't stay tuned.
my friend Sarah has a J. Reynolds.. ****ing HORRIBLE aside from that my ex-girlfriend's Ibanez RG was pretty bad too.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
I got this generic factory-made nylon acoustic, so out of tune I spent at least thirty minutes tuning it (with a tuner), and I strum it twice and it was back out of tune
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
______________________███████████████████
██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
Quote by ThroughOblivion
my brothers beginners gibson guitar, its called a maestro or something lol. Anyway its horrible, the strings buzz bad, and it falls out of tune easy, plus horrible pickups =[

This guy speaks the truth
Deluxe Player's Strat
Soon-to-be(Hopefully)- Peavey Bandit
I work in an arcade and we actually have a guitar at the prize counter. It costs 10,000 tickets but probably cost $25 to buy in the first place. The neck is so bad, It feels more like a bow and arrow than a guitar. The fretboard feels like wood fresh from Home Depot. The tuners are plastic. This thing makes Squires seem like a custom shop PRS!
Epiphone lespaul special II, worse than first act
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
I played a Gibson SG once that was horrible. Most of them are awesome, but this one sucked! There were no strings on it, and it looked like the tuners had fallen off. And the fretboard was somehow discolored on the first five frets, in green, red, yellow, blue, and orange, and whenever you touched those frets it would make a clacking noise. The rest of the fretboard was black. And the guitar was really really small too, and felt like it was made out of plastic. It had a really cheap whammy bar, and the tone knobs didn't even turn, they just pushed in.

I do not envy anyone who plays a guitar like that.
It was probably my first squier before I knew anything about action.

I don't think I've ever really played anything that bad though

EDIT: To the guy above me, how did you play it without strings?
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
I work in an arcade and we actually have a guitar at the prize counter. It costs 10,000 tickets but probably cost $25 to buy in the first place. The neck is so bad, It feels more like a bow and arrow than a guitar. The fretboard feels like wood fresh from Home Depot. The tuners are plastic. This thing makes Squires seem like a custom shop PRS!

Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
A sh*tty 199AUD Legend folk acoustic, which happens to be an unknown Chinese brand. I'd say it's the worst you can find among cheap but decent guitars (when I say decent, it means that it's not a toy nor a supermarket brand). I bought it when I was bored in Australia, I had left my actual guitar at home at the time.
Those stopid ones with the really short neck and no strings. They're usually black and have this stupid little toggle thing where the pickups should be. it also has these dumb looking coloured buttons on the fretboard.

I can't see how anybody can use one of those damn things.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Not to offend anyone, but I remember playing this semi-expensive Washburn and it sounded horrible..

It could have been the way it was set up, but you never know.

MC name = Bearrorism
gibson les paul vintage mahogany, the neck felt like i was holding a log in my hand, It swear i got a splinter from it .
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by Fryer Mike
Those stopid ones with the really short neck and no strings. They're usually black and have this stupid little toggle thing where the pickups should be. it also has these dumb looking coloured buttons on the fretboard.

I can't see how anybody can use one of those damn things.

Ha, beat ya to it!
When I went to Guitar Center 2 months ago I played the 2008 American Standard Tele. It was beautiful in every aspect - playability, tone, looks. But I really came in looking for the $500 mexican made Tele (which is what I could afford). And after playing the Standard, that mex Tele just felt terrible. I know there are worse guitars but I'll never forget how bad it felt in comparison
Quote by GreekRockr9
Ha, beat ya to it!

Dammit! I didn't even see your post!

W/e. Great minds think alike.

Edit:
Quote by GreekRockr9
I played a Gibson SG once that was horrible. Most of them are awesome, but this one sucked! There were no strings on it, and it looked like the tuners had fallen off. And the fretboard was somehow discolored on the first five frets, in green, red, yellow, blue, and orange, and whenever you touched those frets it would make a clacking noise. The rest of the fretboard was black. And the guitar was really really small too, and felt like it was made out of plastic. It had a really cheap whammy bar, and the tone knobs didn't even turn, they just pushed in.

Sh*t! Yours is so much better!

Honestly man. I definately respect you.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Aug 14, 2008,
My friends guitar that wasn't played or cleaned for over 3 years. An ibanez starter pack guitar. I haven't played many guitars so I couldn't say anything else.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by GreekRockr9

You sir, win the internet.
Quote by Hyneken
Whats the worst guitar you've ever played. By worse I mean, how bad was the sound, feel, and craftsmanship?

I think the worst guitar I've ever played was my friends squire strat that came in one of those amp packs. It just felt so cheap, the sound quality was weak, and the stock strings were all rusty and grimry. But I guess you get what you pay for.

haha yeah same here.

The worst guitar I have EVER played is my first guitar,
a squire.

It is waay too light, the action is terribly high, and no matter how new the strings are they both sound and feel like they are made of wood.

In terms of sound,
the pickups have absolutely no meat to them and the feedback is just unbearable.

There is a whammy bar but using it causes the strings to get wildly out of tune.

Not only that but the whammy bar gets stuck in the bridge and is very VERY hard to remove so it is pretty much useless.

I plan to keep it though.

Basically I want to do as much customization as possible and try to salvage it into the best guitar it can possibly be.
Actually, a kids SX Strat-copy-thing. It really sucked, like wow. Broken volume knob, crappy neck, the strings he uses are all together bad. I just felt like breaking it right there. Even though I love my SX, his was horrible.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
A squier strat that used to be my brothers - which he never played. Its a 150 dollar piece of pure ****. The sound always cuts off on me because if you move around too much while playing it, the sound just cuts off because of the poor quality input jack.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
actually i've found i like cheap, tacky and over all horrible guitars but replacement pickups. it's like paul gilbert described it "It's like trying to win the indie 500 in a VW beetle with a huge engine in the back"
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
A Starcaster. I think they're from wal-mart or something, my friend has one. It's terrible.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
A Starcaster. I think they're from wal-mart or something, my friend has one. It's terrible.

You can find those ****s at Sams Club (which I guess technically is wholesale Wal Mart). My parents saw one in a catalog when I first started playing and asked if I wanted one for Christmas. I made sure they did not get me one.
My boss' guitar... He keeps it in the office. Played on it for about 15 minutes. The strings are so high up, your fingers get trapped under adjacent strings when bending. Frets are horribly cut. I looked at my hand after playing it was horribly cut as well... Was actually bleeding in two places. Hope I didn't get the bad aids.

Apparently it was only £15 on Ebay!
Oh and at the beginning of the neck (where it connects to the body), there's no finish. You can clearly see that it's made of plywood or something similar.
Page 1 of 5