Big surprise, but I'm new to the guitar. I'm a self taught bassist, and want something that is more pretty or smooth sounding by itself that I can carry around. I love what can be done on acoustic guitars, and figured I'd give it a go.

Now, I'm a medium sized guy, but I still don't want a HUGE sized guitar that I have to contort over just to play... so that left me looking at Ovation guitars. I can get a decently priced, smaller, good sounding (in my virgin guitarist ears) acoustic. But I'm wondering if it's a mistake, because I've played barely anything on Ovations, and almost nothing else. Only Breedlove's, and I believe that I don't deserve one of those.

So really I'm open to any suggestions, I'd prefer roundback? acoustics, but I'll take anything that's 200-400ish and sounds good.

Links to youtube videos would be cool too, or just a link.

These are the only two I have in mind atm.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ovation-Celebrity-CDX24-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-516159-i1398591.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ovation-Celebrity-CC24-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-513279-i1148074.gc

So any thoughts, comments, suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanx
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
i love my cort, one of best acoustics i've played at that price.

look on my profile for the model number.

was $750....heckled the guy own to 500

cant help u with those specific choices tho...never played that brand. looks nice!
i myself prefer the natural finish tho
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
If you want travel size and good sound, look at the Martin Backpacker. Its very small, about as small as an acoustic can be. And it still sounds good. Ovations are ok, but sound rather poor when unplugged. Look at an Ibanez Talman series acoustic. Very thin body, and a very thin neck.
My dad has an Ibanez acoustic that I love and I have a Takamine G-series that I am not as fond of, but you could check out either of those...they make decent cheap acoustics

as to your links, I've never played a bad ovation if that helps haha
u should get an ibanez they are cheap in price and sound pretty good oh and get acoustic/electric
bigtimmy- that's a little out of my price range at the moment, but thanks for the suggestion! And I do like natural finishes too, but they tend to be better on higher quality guitars with better woods, so for now I'll go with almost anything that looks and sounds good.

qotsa1998- that Martin Backpacker looks rather unique, not traditional by any means in my mind, but you said it sounds good?
Not that I go by looks, but the Talman looks a lil iffy and I'm a bassist so really thin necks aren't something in my interest.
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
Quote by eds1275
My dad has an Ibanez acoustic that I love and I have a Takamine G-series that I am not as fond of, but you could check out either of those...they make decent cheap acoustics

as to your links, I've never played a bad ovation if that helps haha

The Takamine looks pretty good, and compared to an equally priced Ovation how do the sounds compare? Or any Ovation you remember for that matter.

It is good to know that none really sound bad, though some people say they sound better plugged in.
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
Quote by sbinlb
screw it get an electric with a roland micro cube

I have an electric, and I basically gave it away. I really want to go for the Acoustic/Electric guitar.

Thanks for reminding me, I do want one that is acoustic/electric. That's a BIG must.
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
you cant pick one just by suggestions go to a music store and try them out
Quote by sbinlb
you cant pick one just by suggestions go to a music store and try them out

I know that, but here's the thing.
I am brand new to guitar, and I have tried out Ovations, but I wanted other peoples opinions on what they like so I can try those for myself instead of trying everythinggg in the store and possibly missing something better.

Thx though for the suggestion.
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.