What gauge strings should I put on it?

EDIT: I use 9-42 gauge strings for Standard tuning.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Last edited by Vasser at Aug 14, 2008,
Most people will say 11s or 12s, but I usually just use 9s for Drop C because I like to do epic bends.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I definitely wouldn't use 9's haha. If you want the feeling of 9's drop C then use 11's if you want the feeling of 10's use 12's. -So Ive heard, I use an Ibanez and just keep it in standard
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
12-52 for the same tension as 10-46 in standard.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
10-52?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I put EB regular slinky(gauge 10?) on my guitar today and I tune it to drop c. I love the feeling it has now. I used to have skinny top heavy bottoms on it and the regular slinky's blow those out the water.
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
Oh how I love DR 12s. The G string is wound so it stays in tune sooo much better. That's what I use but I play in drop B.
Try this. Buy a pack of 10-56 Ernie ball 7 strings.

Now use the wound 56, 46 and 36 on the bottom, leave out the 26, and put the 17,13, and the 10 on the top.

It's quick and cheap without having to mix and match strings, because you can grab EB 7 strings packs off the shelf anywhere. You'll just slowly end up with a large supply of .026s you'll never use.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
i use 10-52 for drop C

but im feeling the 52 is still just a little slack, i might stick on a 56 at some point and see how it feels
Top lel.
what gauge do you like for normal tuning?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I guess I should have asked that in the question. Anyway, I've always used 9-42
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
9-42's, or 10/11/12-52's.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Vasser
I guess I should have asked that in the question. Anyway, I've always used 9-42

if you want a similar tension to 9-42, i'd probably go for 10-52, maybe even 11s, with possibly a thicker low E.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My schecter has 10-46's on it and I love the way that feels in drop C#. If you like the strings being a bit loose, the 10-46's work great down that extra half step, but if you prefer a tighter feel then go up to 10-52's or even 11-56's.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Last edited by alienboy18241 at Aug 14, 2008,
I love the way 10's feel for Drop C.. but anything lower than that and it the string tension is way too loose.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I use 11's and they feel perfect in drop C. I almost want 12's but that's probably just because I like my strings to feel tighter (plus I don't need to do crazy bends all that often)
YEAH
sorry i skipped all the other replys but umm i think it depends on which brand you liek best because ernie balls make 54-11 which i thought were great but they didnt last very long. I switched to d`addarios and i was using 52-11 which i thought was perfect. with tighter strings i think you get more response from the guitar. since your in c i think youll be playing kinda i duno metalish stuff so youd want something thats easier to play fast on. now i use 54-12 and they are perfect. Just make sure to set up your guitar or at first theyll feel kinda weird. but it depends on the brand, most brands make most of the guages cept ernie ball who has the 54-11.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11